electric windows

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
phil the vicar

electric windows

Post by phil the vicar »

I have a late model ('92) gtII which has dodgy electric windows - the drivers side did work, until I tried to re-connect the 'passenger' side back up (car came this way a year ago) and now 'both' don't work... don't really want to have to knock it into big VW dealership for extortionate bill - any body with similar problems and tips?
:scratch:

kariba
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: electric windows

Post by kariba »

Mm, could be a few things but does sound electrical. However you could try and lubricate the runners.

Could be the switches or the relay. It would be ideal if you could "borrow" a working pair of switches and a relay and swap them to see if they work after that. If not them it may be the motors.

Neil Baker on old website.

1985 Mk2 Flash Silver GTX - Now sold to Millsy20
skattrd

Post by skattrd »

I seem to remember something similar happening to me a while ago. On mine it was down to a faulty switch, one broken switch stopped them both from working....

DannyH

Post by DannyH »

Maybe the p/s one was disconnected for a reason?

check your fuse as it may have blown it?

where abouts are you you can try my switches if your local to Preston (ish)

Danny
markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by markh »

Very likely to be the switches at fault.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !