Forum Rules - WILL ALL NEWBIES PLEASE READ

Forum rules, sign up, posting pics, classifieds
Forum rules
Please can everybody add a town/city location at this point in your profile? Makes life much easier if you start listing parts wanted or for sale.........cheers
Scirocco
Site Admin

Forum Rules - WILL ALL NEWBIES PLEASE READ

Post by Scirocco »

Scirocco Register (SR)

Welcome to the Scirocco Register (SR). We strive to make this forum as friendly and accessible as possible while creating a professional and grown-up image for all newcomers and existing members to follow. We have created a number of rules which need to be adhered to.

General Guidelines

Please post topics in the correct forum. It takes a lot of time and effort to run this board and it will make the SR team's life a hell of a lot easier. It means better navigation of the forums for everyone, and stops the place looking cluttered.

Please try to practise general netiquette. What does this mean? Well not writing your posts or their subjects ALL IN CAPITALS. This is not only annoying, but it makes you look like you've got some kind of anger management problem.

A swear word filter is enabled on the forum; this will block various bad words from posts. However please do not try and get around this by using exclamation marks or numbers to represent various letters, in other words 'Cr34t1ve Sp311ing'. This also includes using such text in the subject lines of posts. If it is seen it will be removed.

PLEASE NOTE - this is a Plain English speaking Forum - txt speak or bruv'/innit style posts are likely to be removed without warning once we have had a good laugh. :lol:

Please don't just register for an account and not bother to post. It will only cause the admin team more headaches come user account review. PLEASE NOTE - Yor account is only active once you put your first post up.

Repeated violation of any of the above will lead to warnings being issued.

Group Buys

All SR members can create GB's, but please do your research before creating the topic. Contact the supplier(s) in question and get all the relevant information needed. If necessary invite the supplier to participate on the forum to clarify any points you're not sure about. If the GB doesn't take off, please contact the Moderator for the GB section and request that the thread be locked. Any fraudulent activity will be fully investigated and where necessary, reported to the necessary authorities, with all relevant information of the poster being passed to said authorities.

Classifieds (For Sale, Wanted)

Any member can post a topic in the Classifieds section. Please use the section to sell your own private items. Please keep all items for sale generally around the VAG subject. Don't try and sell computer equipment for example.

For the avoidance of any doubt commercial sales are not allowed, unless under special agreement with the website administrator. Any unauthorised commercial topics will be deleted. The Moderator team will review all posts and any found to be in breach of the rules would be removed at the discretion of the Moderator. Any fraudulent activity will be fully investigated and where necessary, reported to the applicable authorities with all relevant information of the poster being passed to said authorities.
Rule updates for selling cars and parts will appear in those specific classified areas. Please do read them.

Getting along
We hope that you will find this forum to be one of the most friendly and informative on the web, and on behalf of SR would like to thank everyone for making it the place it is.

For the most part we dont accept 'naming and shaming' posts, or posts in derogatory nature against any individual or company, as often these posts are one-sided, and dont include all the facts, and as such, are often unfair. if you have been really wronged, and you have a legible claim, you can do so with the proper authorities, such as the police or small claims court. if it is something that you feel is going to protect our forum users by announcing, please contact us first.

NSFW : Not Safe For Work : Adult Content = please dont post it, its a family show, and a family site! (this goes for avatars, signatures, the lot!) Keep it clean!!!!

Other weblinks in signatures - no business, faith based, political or any professional interest web site should be included in your signature please.

How the 'Warning System' works:

Everytime a user crosses a guideline - we issue the user a warning.

Warnings are kept track of, and forum suspensions (complete inability to access the forum) are handed out an an ascending fashion.

1st Warning: 1 day suspension.
2nd Warning: 7 day suspension.
3rd Warning: 14 day suspension.
4th Warning: 28 day suspension.
5th Warning: 1 YEAR suspension.

Suspended users found creating new accounts will have their new accounts closed, and their main account suspension lengths restarted. (you got 14 days, your 14 days starts again).

Cheers, enjoy yourself in here :D

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Forum Rules

Post by monzajake »

Nice rules...
Easy to follow, enjoy the site peeps.. :D

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by GTXTRA »

see my edit re txt speak etc etc.............

Serial Rocco-ist.........
81GTi

Post by 81GTi »

OMGG! my time here is numbered....LOL

KindredSpirit

Post by KindredSpirit »

Thanks for including a clause in the rules re 'txt speak'.
I for one think that it's lazy, sometimes rude and doesn't always get the point across.
Cheers
:good:

stevieb

Post by stevieb »

Hey guys.
Liking the new site.
Any idea when the link will appear for the membership please?
Cheers

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

stevieb wrote:Hey guys.
Liking the new site.
Any idea when the link will appear for the membership please?
Cheers

cheers stevie - try this link to main site

http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/inde ... Membership

stevieb

Post by stevieb »

Many thanks

GTXTRA

Re: Forum Rules - WILL ALL NEWBIES PLEASE READ

Post by GTXTRA »

BTT - if you're a newbie it would help if you read this.

alvisman

Post by alvisman »

Hi I'm as newbie as they get. I'm trying to post an ad for a 92 GT2, but I can't seem to upload photos now that the draft ad is typed in. Nor see anything that tells me how to get my ad vetted by you guys and hence onto the forum. Help! Any advice? Cheers, Adam (Alvisman)

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

alvisman wrote:Hi I'm as newbie as they get. I'm trying to post an ad for a 92 GT2, but I can't seem to upload photos now that the draft ad is typed in. Nor see anything that tells me how to get my ad vetted by you guys and hence onto the forum. Help! Any advice? Cheers, Adam (Alvisman)
just put this up Adam - hope it helps? http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/carf ... =28&t=1795

creaker

Post by creaker »

Hi nice easy rules to follow even I can do this!

Cpt Custom
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Cpt Custom »

Hi. That all seems very sensible and straightforward. So it can only be a matter of days until I come unstuck - laughing out loud!

:beers:

Image 1987 Alpine White Mk2 GT Lily
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

for the avoidance of any doubt.

ANY thread that touches on people/fellow users spending money with you other than as part of a private sale of a car or car parts - MUST be flagged up to me or Ant (Autoad).

ALSO - If you're not a paid up member of the club (loads of threads/links re how to become one) assume that ANY 'group buy'/opportunity/i can make this/refurb these whatever type threads will be deleted if you've not bothered to contact us.

This is a free to use forum - common sense re what is a private sale or not, a money making sideline or not or a MUST be flagged up to us.

If we think you're taking the mick the thread will be deleted without checking/apology.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

from the first posting -

Please post topics in the correct forum. It takes a lot of time and effort to run this board and it will make the SR team's life a hell of a lot easier. It means better navigation of the forums for everyone, and stops the place looking cluttered.

This also makes it easier for subsequent queries from newer folk looking for advice on the standard will mk1 golf suspension/brakes fit a scirocco questions that crop up so often.

if people put the query up - or do a search of course- so in the correct area so much easier for all.

cheers