TINTING WINDOWS

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Junglist
fill in the right answer: 10

TINTING WINDOWS

Post by Junglist »

Anyone know the easiest cheap way to tint my windows darker? Don't want to use sticky-back tinting sheets though for fear of bubbles appearing later down the line. I've seen perfectly fitted tints end up like an aero advert after a few months of settling in. What's the alternative? Anyone know the cost of a proffessional job in money compared to a DIY job in time and money? I may pay a pro if it'll save me 2 days work and isn't extortionate. I want (ideally) to have a mid-way tint (not total black-out) on rear three windows and a lighter tint on the winding windows.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
bluestreak56

Re: TINTING WINDOWS

Post by bluestreak56 »

I got a quote from a "professional company" for 5% rear windows and windscreen, 35% front windows and quarterlights and possibly windscreen .. cant remember for

£170

I didnt take it up but thought it was semi-reasonable. The company in question was:

http://www.ejtints.com/

LEEP

Post by LEEP »

just had mine done £125 inc fronts but there said the scirocco was a right pain in the ass to do when i phone them up there thought it was a new scirocco www.tintK.com based in bradford but do mobile :good:

SCIROCCO GT
Member 934
Junglist

Post by Junglist »

I've had some quotes now. Most quotes are purely based on number of windows so 170-180 for all (incl quarters) but I'm told once they realise it's so difficult to do, they might up it to £300. Mk2 Sciroccos apparrently one of hardest cars to tint, so if you can get them to agree on 170-180, you've cracked it. Everyone quoting the same except those familiar with the vehicle.
Last edited by Junglist on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
MrD

Post by MrD »

Mine look pants now,they were pretty good when i first did them,back screen was such a pain that i chopped the bottom section off level with the rear spoiler,at least i have a gap i can see behind,thinking about ripping it all off as it`s got lines going down it from the top.The sides were also a pain to do .

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.