HEEELLLLPP

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Rocketron
fill in the right answer: 15

HEEELLLLPP

Post by Rocketron »

Hi peeps. Newby trying to negotiate the total lack of available parts for the rocco. I'm after front bumper brackets the attach the front bumper iron to the car and some decent rear lights that aren't a million £ and damaged. If I'm gonna pay a kings ransom I want decent undamaged ideally.
Cheers 👍

Blueshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: HEEELLLLPP

Post by Blueshark »

Rocketron wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:57 pm Hi peeps. Newby trying to negotiate the total lack of available parts for the rocco. I'm after front bumper brackets the attach the front bumper iron to the car and some decent rear lights that aren't a million £ and damaged. If I'm gonna pay a kings ransom I want decent undamaged ideally.
Cheers 👍
Brackets for the front bumper I have in stock, original and refurbed.

Rear lights in good nick is difficult or high priced, I do have some in stock but all have their minor issues.

Send me an eamail at scirocco53@ziggo.nl and I can get you some pictures over.

Joost

WreckTangle
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: HEEELLLLPP

Post by WreckTangle »

The secret getting Mk2 rear lamps at a reasonable price is to be absolutely clear exactly what you want (including part number) and then be patient. There are multiple variants with different part numbers, Many UK cars had 533 945 111 on the left and 533 945 112A on the right. Here the A indicates the fog lamp is fitted. If you want two rear fog lights, done properly, you would need to source 533 945 111A from the Continent. Likewise, were you to source a right hand unit from abroad the chances are it would be 533 945 112 without the UK offside rear fog light - a legal requirement on most Mk2s.

As another example, if you wanted the white highlighted Scala lamps I think they are something like 533 945 095F and 533 945 096F. Best starting point is to check the part numbers on your existing units.

Then it’s a case of waiting for the part you want at a realistic price. They do come up. eBay is a good source, but other classified listings and Google can also be useful.

By the way, this new OEM right hand unit with 67% off (€88.49 + tax and delivery) is a very good price. If it’s right for your car grab one while there are still some left at that price. I have! If you register as a new customer you may be able to get a further discount off your first order.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.co ... 533945112A