Original Spec Tyres for 13" rims

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
RussGLAuto
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Original Spec Tyres for 13" rims

Post by RussGLAuto »

Afternoon Gents,

Right, quick update on the tyre purchase from Vintage Tyres, got them fitted x 5 a few days ago and you may or may not agree, looking period...

As for handling, road noise etc, well, in all honesty, with the window down, elbow on the sill, loud peddle in the carpet, auto box kick down the order of the day, big stupid grin on ones boat race, I can't really say there is any improvement aside from aesthetics!! :-D

I'm getting there with GLAdis, what's left? Well, some minor rust to sort out on the drivers side rear arch that needs a bit of new metal, getting sorted this weekend, then some smart paint repairs here and there, and then presented to Jim @ White Details for a paint correction and detail.

This year / next year, she'll be good as new. Oh, perhaps get the rear beam and front sussy components blasted and powder coated and fit the Heritage bushings I got from our mate at Dreadnaught Customs (Thanks Tom).

PS, good to off that damn boat... :help:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daily Driver - 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine - Polestar - Arctic White
Weekend Wagon - 51k 1982 Mk2 Scirocco 1.6 GL Auto - Diamond Silver
Other Half's Wagon - 2018 Mk7.5 Golf GT TSi Auto - White
Daughters Curb Scraper - 2016 Fiat 500 1.2 - White
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Original Spec Tyres for 13" rims

Post by mark1gls »

Looking good :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323