Crawling out of the woodwork

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
jimmy h
fill in the right answer: 10

Crawling out of the woodwork

Post by jimmy h »

BlackGTX
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Crawling out of the woodwork

Post by BlackGTX »

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

There's a lot of chatter about it on the Facebook page too - seller has re-listed it today.

Seems grumpy.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
BlackGTX
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by BlackGTX »

It is a low milage example of the top model mk1 so what is it worth?

To right person its a classic that will increase in value, to someone else its a classic that will find its value and stay there

jimmy h

Post by jimmy h »

I agree with you Sean, the seller does appear especially grumpy - first impressions?

I copied the photo bucket link into my browser and.... It might only be a very low mileage example, wow! It's numbers on a clock at the end of the day. Like the originality and all that, but, it's going to need a 4 figure sum to make the bodywork right..

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

If someone is going to try to make money on it once sorted - they won't at that price.

If they want a good base for someone like Ant or Keith to do their magic and get the engine PROPERLY checked over it's a very appealing starting point - for £4k tops. That assumes it's a structurally sound as he claims.

I'm not aware late wings are THAT easy to source either.

Hopefully it does find a new owner of the latter variety.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
james butler

Post by james butler »

GTXTRA wrote:If someone is going to try to make money on it once sorted - they won't at that price.

If they want a good base for someone like Ant or Keith to do their magic and get the engine PROPERLY checked over it's a very appealing starting point - for £4k tops. That assumes it's a structurally sound as he claims.

I'm not aware late wings are THAT easy to source either.

Hopefully it does find a new owner of the latter variety.
thats probably why hes grumpy, people like this hate being told their million pounds worth of barn find will need work so is only worth a third of the asking price.
hopefully the current owner sees reason and adjusts the price accordingly and it goes to someone whos going to take the time to restore it to its former glory lets face it like allready stated its going to need work and a bloomin good valet!

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!