Inner light fitting

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
crimmer96
fill in the right answer: 15

Inner light fitting

Post by crimmer96 »

Hi all, I'm needing advice as how to fit the inner lights onto the front light brackets. @Blueshark suggested m6 bolts with locking nuts but the holes seem too large and it is difficult to stop them wobbling. Is there specific way to fit them this method or are there any other ways to fit them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, the car had been converted to the 2 headlight setup some point before I got the car lol

Thanks in advance!

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1992 pearl green 1.8 GT2 daily
1983 Mars red 1.8 GTI project
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Inner light fitting

Post by james butler »

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
crimmer96

Post by crimmer96 »

Cheers! Would I need 4 or just the top 2?

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

crimmer96 wrote:Cheers! Would I need 4 or just the top 2?
None, because they are for the outer lights and not the inner ones, otherwise I could have sent them with the lamps.

Joost

crimmer96

Post by crimmer96 »

Blueshark wrote:
crimmer96 wrote:Cheers! Would I need 4 or just the top 2?
None, because they are for the outer lights and not the inner ones, otherwise I could have sent them with the lamps.

Joost

Not a prob Joost! :-) I have the m6 bolts and nuts but haven't a clue how to fit them without the units wobbling. Any tutorials or a link to how fit them would be greatly appreciated! Couldn't find anything on the forums for fitting them, only removing them and covering them up for the 2 light setup which I currently have :lol:

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

Use a bolt long enough.

you have to make sort of a stack: bolt, washer, lamp, washer, nut, nut, washer, lampframe, washer, nut.

Lock the lamp between the bolt, washer, washer, nut and tighten by hand, do this for 3 holes in the lamp.

Then put the next nut and washer on 3x, place through headlamp frame, place washer and nut, with these you adjust the depth of the lamp in the car.

Tigthen all the nuts and the lamps are in place.

Joost

crimmer96

Post by crimmer96 »

I'm in the process of removing some surface rust I've found behind the grill and on the edges of the crumple zone but once that's dealt with I'll attempt fitting them and let you know how it goes!

DT1

Post by DT1 »

I might have some spare fittings, I'll let you know.

crimmer96

Post by crimmer96 »

Lights fitted and all secure. Thanks for the guide Joost! It was a bit fiddly trying to lock them in place without removing the lamp frame but there locked on and easily adjustable this way.