Oil Change

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
drsqueggy
fill in the right answer: 10

Oil Change

Post by drsqueggy »

Hey guys!

I recevied my service parts from ECP today. I'm wondering how difficult it would be for me to do the oil change myself. I have the 1.8 8v GT2. How much oil will I need to put in? Whats the deal with the sump plug, do I have to buy a new one if I pull it off to drain the oil?

10w 40 oil?

Are there any servicing guides for my car? I resent spending money on a haynes manual.

Thanks in advance.

1991 VW Scirocco GT2
2006 Skoda Fabia VRS
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Oil Change

Post by ianaudia4 »

Mate, the engine takes 4 litres of oil, this is including changing the filter as well. 10/40 is good.
Nobody likes spending money but a Haynes manual is well worth the dosh, and you would recoup it in what you would save paying someone else to do straightforward and fairly easy tasks.

An oil change is easy, just dispose of the old oil properly, your local council should have a place to dump it (that's the green issue discussed!). Always worth getting a new sump washer.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)