Once again

All the key information and threads regarding 2nd August at Cosford
Mr Funk

Once again

Post by Mr Funk »

You people never cease to amaze me.
At ten am I was openly worried that people wouldn't show, and no-one would have blamed you. Just before we did the (rather rapid) prize giving I stood with Dan and Heath and none of us could have been happier.
Talk about pulling it out of the bag.

Full write up will appear in Sky Rocket (which we're already working on) but I have to thank a few people:
Everyone that helped organise it - this year was a bit odd as a lot of us have changed jobs, bought houses, sold cars, coped with loss and dealt with cars that shat themselves on the day of the meet.
The people that donated stuff for the raffle - the final figure was £120 which will get donated today online so Macmillon can claim the Gift Aid. Ed donated a fantastic book about the Rocco and Matt (Trimsport) kindly handed over one of their superb rear strut braces. Ian had offered to donate an hour of his time for a lucky winner, unfortunately we never got round to raffling him off, maybe next year eh?
All the people at the campsite for, well, just making Friday and Saturday so enjoyable.
Filmidget - Original member of The Mafia. Turned up, offered to help, did two beer runs. Legend.
Anyone that bought me a brew Saturday. There is nothing on this planet more welcome than someone randomly giving you a cup of tea on a rainy day.
Finally - anyone that turned up. The one thing we all said Saturday night was that none of us really got to talk to everyone. It narks us every year and we're trying to work on it (I haven't stepped foot in any of the hangers in three years) but it's a sign of how open and friendly everything is. Frankly, we wouldn't have it any other way.

The one thing we need as soon as possible is feedback while everything is fresh in your memory. Venue, camp site, hotel, ideas, we need it all so se can make 2015 the best yet.
Plans are already afoot - it's the ten year anniversary of the Rocco Mafia Meet. Any we wouldn't want to miss that now would we?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
go-for-it1
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Once again

Post by go-for-it1 »

Feedback.
Venue perfect
Weather? well not a lot can be done about it eh?
Hotel superb, with a pool and excellent breakfast for 2 at a price of £55.
Pub meal out at night good fare and excellent company and conversation.

An idea for helping everyone get to know each other and put names to faces early would be to maybe put a small sign on each car dashboard with the owners forum alias and first name? Or at least suggest everyone introduces themselves to others with a first name and their forum alias?

Suberb event all round, well done to all who organised and attended.
Rob

1990 Mk2 GT2 in Pearlescent green.
2012 BMW 520d M Sport
2013 Golf TDi 140bhp
Member No 1241
filmidget
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Once again

Post by filmidget »

Mr Funk wrote:Filmidget ...did two beer runs.
Worth it to drive Will's Nissan Micra. Oh yes.

'82 GTI 'CagedRoc' - MG Midget - Volvo 850 T5 - Citroen C2 GT - Lilac Trailer Custodian
Current owned:roadworthy factor = 75% (personal record)