Injector issue/query

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
seanr68
fill in the right answer: 10

Injector issue/query

Post by seanr68 »

Today i was attempting to swap my injectors from my late(1991)DX engine into my rebuilt TSR motor, when i came across a problem. The later injectors wont fit into the earlier seats, so i removed the caps from the end of the later type injectors and refitted them into the early seats. Is this arrangement ok? Or can it cause issues?

I now have the lower of the two arrangements pictured. Is that ok?

markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Injector issue/query

Post by markh »

I did this on one of my GTXs a while back and had no issues bud.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
chopperoli

Post by chopperoli »

Read somewhere that injectors are matched to the accumulator due to injector opening pressures (eg early injector = early accumulator and vice versa)

seanr68
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by seanr68 »

Cheers gents.
Been running it now for over a week with no issues, but i did keep my original injectors, just removed the cap from the end.