Dizzy parts

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
seanr68
fill in the right answer: 10

Dizzy parts

Post by seanr68 »

Does anyone know where i can get parts for the Bosch dizzy thats fitted to the DX engine?
Bosch no: 0237 024 007
VAG No : 026 905 205 H

I'm wanting new hall sender, centrifugal weight set up, and clips.
Looked on t'interweb land, but can only see places that want to sell me a full dizzy.

Taa.

hiltow

Re: Dizzy parts

Post by hiltow »

You can get individual Bosch parts for the distributor, but these may be in short supply now.

Have you tried the Bosch e-catalogue on the internet? On there you'll be able to find the original part number for the hall sender (both VW and Bosch no.'s). Then go along to your nearest Bosch agent and they'll check availability and order the part. Andrew Page's is a Bosch agent worth dealing with.

seanr68

Post by seanr68 »

Thanks for that mate. Never knew Andrew Pages was a Bosch agent. Lol
I'll check out the "e catalogue" tomorrow.

Thanks again.

james butler

Post by james butler »

i had this problem just 2 weeks ago. it is cheaper to get a new dizzy than buy individual parts.
i ended up using a dx dizzy on my ex engine as i couldnt get a hall sender for less than 150 quid.
if you do find a place doing cheap parts please let me know as i want to fix my old dizzy to be a working spare.
cheers
james butler

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
seanr68

Post by seanr68 »

To be honest James. i'm struggling. I have seen hall sensors while surfing about. Cant remember how much they were though.
If i find anything, i'll post it up here mate.