Pierburg 2e carb manual online at =

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
ghost123uk
fill in the right answer: 10

Pierburg 2e carb manual online at =

Post by ghost123uk »

Having got both our Rocco's Pierburgs set up correctly I have learnt a lot about the Pieburg 2e carb :)
In my continuing efforts to understand what does what and why (and they ARE complicated !) I found this very comprehensive manual = http://vwa1.dadoghouse.com/wp-content/u ... uction.pdf May be of use to others on here. It is very detailed and certainly makes it obvious why becoming totally familiar with them is a big undertaking !!

And before anyone says it, No I ain't going to fit a Webber on either if our Rocco's ;)

85 GTS in Pewter Grey Metallic + 86 VW T25 "Tin Top" Camper
Dutch GT

Re: Pierburg 2e carb manual online at =

Post by Dutch GT »

Good stuff, power to the Pierburg!!

Ours has the pierburg too, and given us trouble free motoring for a year and a half! Don't understand how it works though... any idea why a relay buzzes and clicks when just warmed up? Causes no trouble, just wondering what it is?

ghost123uk
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by ghost123uk »

Dutch GT wrote:Good stuff, power to the Pierburg!!
Ours has the pierburg too, and given us trouble free motoring for a year and a half!
:good:
Dutch GT wrote: Don't understand how it works though...
Ah, that's easy, all you have to do is read all 28 pages 4 times, figuring out the dodgy translation as you go, study the pics until you have a head ache, buy a spare carb from the breakers to study, fiddle around with yours :shock: for days, scold your hands with boiling water testing waxstat bit etc etc, cut the back of your hands to ribbons reaching around the back of the carb whilst in situ, poison yourself by sucking on dirty vac pipes, cut all the wires leading to sensors and solenoids so you can measure volts / amps under real operating conditions (choccy blocks to re-connect).

That's all I did :twisted:
Dutch GT wrote:any idea why a relay buzzes and clicks when just warmed up? Causes no trouble, just wondering what it is?
As fas as I know, the only "relay" that has owt to do with the carb is number 61 (top right) and it is not a relay but a quite complicated circuit that is fed by a temp sensor on the front of the block and a feed from the rev counter. This controls the solenoid on the back of the carb that in turn controls the hot tickover and the anti overrun system. It is not a relay so should not buzz or click. Note = (My) Haynes does not even mention this part :roll:

The only other one is the second one in from the left at the top. That is a relay that controls the supply of current to the Inlet manifold pre-heater, this turns off when the engine gets to around 60 degrees.

To find out what relay is buzzing / clicking, just put your finger on each in turn,(pref not whilst driving :roll: ) you will soon "feel" the one that is doing it, then look up what it does.

85 GTS in Pewter Grey Metallic + 86 VW T25 "Tin Top" Camper
Dutch GT

Post by Dutch GT »

Ha, I'll think about doing just that! Already tasted dust and petrol, and shredded skin before.

Yes, it's the 2nd from left - forgot to mention that but knew I'd read at some point that it was carb related! Think I'll try replacing it. Was going mental today (first time ive been in for a while as it's the mrs car). I now know a bit more about what is happening so thanks for that! Maybe it is struggling to switch off.