body colored rocker cover.

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Col
fill in the right answer: 10

body colored rocker cover.

Post by Col »

well ive got a couple of cans of colour matched holts paint to give my faded mirrors and front bumper a spruce up.

my question is... if i properly prep, prime and laquer the rocker cover, would it be alright? or do i have to use some HT paint? i'd love it to me body colour... but i dont want to have a tatty boubled paint finish after a few miles.
cheers

mk2moo

Re: body colored rocker cover.

Post by mk2moo »

With mine i sanded it right down to bare metal, then etch primered it, then normal primer and then top coat. So far on any car iv had it has cracked or bubbled off. Iv used this method for blacks as well and has lasted, so i think you should be all good.

Col
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: body colored rocker cover.

Post by Col »

thats exactly what i wanted to hear, thanks mate.