Spotted

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Spotted

Post by the edmundator »

Spotted a B-plate with a bodykit, looked like it was Cosmos Blue so I presume it's a Storm (no markings on the back), at the back of some workshops near Bristol Temple Meads.

Also saw a Cirrus Green GL, also on a B-plate, mostly viewed from the inside between Bristol and Birmingham, although did see the outside when I had a quick comfort break at Strensham services:

Last edited by the edmundator on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

Silver / Grey B reg on honeycomb BBS at some services today on the M40, they left their lights on so I stuck around but no one came back to the car. Went into the services, looked out the window and it had gone. Nice looking car, anyone on here?

captquo

Post by captquo »

Saw an F reg black or dark grey Mark 2 at a traffic light junction in Sheen Road, Richmond. We exchanged waves. Anyone here?

1986 GT S
fonzooorooo

Post by fonzooorooo »

F reg dark blue on P slots parked up in Swadlincote, opposite the leisure centre. Old style register sticker in the window.

thebrief_1979

Post by thebrief_1979 »

White mk2 - c reg - with black arches and skirts - might have been a gtx - spotted between cheltenham and tewkesbury going north on the m5 on Wednesday night about 6pm

1993 MK2 Flash Red GT2 - sold
Mk1 gls - nearly
Gilb666

Post by Gilb666 »

Dr. Dub wrote:Spotted a grey GTII with winter steelies at the new Tesco in Clay X last night. I'm guessing that it was Gilb666's car. That brightened up a dull evening of snow, slush, zombie shoppers and a fruitless quest for milk.
It was me! First trip to the new tesco's too.
Typical the first time i get spotted its on those horrible wheels, but after the other week snow tires are a requirement!

snathe

Post by snathe »

Saw a VERY tidy red (posibly paprika) mk2 this morning on the Boots site in Beeston. I was in my silver GL, exchanged a quick wave... Anyone on here??

'91 Pearl Green GT2 16v... Breaking
'80 MK1 GLS project... Sold
DougWomble

Post by DougWomble »

What are the chances? In a town of approx 20,000 people (Biggleswade), I've just seen two more MkIIs.

One G *** ALW (dark blue) I've seen before, but another one J *** PCS (black) I'd never seen.

Anyone on here? I might have to make contact directly, and set up a Central Bedfordshire branch of the owners club... :vcool:

1989 Bog standard MkII GT - and it makes me very happy!
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

A dark blue Mk III. We kept on overtaking each other on the A27 between Arundel and Chichester this afternoon. Driver and his kids gave me a wave back when I waved as we parted company at Chichester.

This more than made up for the antics of the tit in the Golf who tried to cut me up in Worthing.

'92 Tornado Red Scala i
'04 blue Mondeo TDCi

http://www.worldgothday.com/
eefy

Post by eefy »

Black GTII, on Edge Lane, Stretford, Manchester at about 11am on Saturday, had its hazards on outside a house :) look very nice

Joe87

Post by Joe87 »

F***DAK dark blue GTX (I think) on snowflakes in Bristol, parked off Gloucester Road yesterday. My passengers didn't understand why I got so excited and slowed down.

1987 GTX
Old Mac Rocco

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Spotted in the "rural West of Scotland" in Tesco Extra car park Port Glasgow a beautiful Red J reg GT11.
Spoke to the very pleasant lady owner for a few moments who told me her husband found it for her after the demise of her E reg car.
Ahhhhh True Love.
Lady in red (car) if you ever feel like parting with it PLEASE let me know.

A heart broken GLI - R.I.P. A loveable GT. A practical Polo now deceased.
Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

Nice looking H reg White Scala / GT2 in Bracknell parked outside the BP garage. Even drove back past it twice to get a better look.. And only a few days after i complained i never see any around my way :)

Whitescala89

Post by Whitescala89 »

White MK2 Or at least i think it was white Couldn't see in the dim streetlights. Reg: F357WL* stuck at lights on springfield road in grantham at around 8 pm friday night. Askmid confirms it as a GT auto.

Vonlard

Post by Vonlard »

Dark Grey/silver mk2 going past trotters in Colchester yesterday around 5 45pm didn't see it till I was passing but gave a wave

It was meant to be a cheep run around till I finished the Type 1, Now I have 2 projects and an obsession

61 Type 1 Gasser project
88 Scirocco GTX rolling project