Spotted

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
wasted
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Spotted

Post by wasted »

go-for-it1 wrote:
wasted wrote:Dark green original-looking '89 GTII parked up on the roadside in Ashley Down, Bristol. Looked nice and tidy!
Which road? I 'll look out for it next time I am down Bristol as its probably the same as mine.
Rob
Could well be the same, looking at your signature pic. I can't remember the name of the road - first left off Ashley Down Road coming away from Gloucester Road.

'89 Scala 1.8i - Daily drive, Work in progress!
Neillyboy

Post by Neillyboy »

A White MK3 awaiting recovery on Shields Road Wishaw after a heavy front end shunt. A real shame but thankfully everyone got out ok. :(

scirsteve

Post by scirsteve »

goaferboy wrote:
scirsteve wrote:Red scirocco, lowered, J reg I think, apprx 3pm along Upton Way, Northampton today (saturday)
Did it have black wheels? I keep seeing that one around when I go to Sixfields.
didnt see wheels, I spotted it late, just got a glimpse unfortunately.

mk2 gtx
james butler

Post by james butler »

red c reg rocko going through stirchley 3 days ago.i was in my mini so im not suprised the driver didnt give me a second glance, nice rocko tho.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
DougWomble

Post by DougWomble »

Black MK2, * *** WPC (I think) in Wimbledon town centre this morning.

I gave the guy a big thumbs up but he looked blankly at me and sped off down the road...

1989 Bog standard MkII GT - and it makes me very happy!
snathe

Silver E reg Mk2, Castle Donington, Thursday

Post by snathe »

Silver E reg Mk2 GT (or GTX?) with black kit in Castle Donington, Thursday 4th at about 1:30pm... Anyone off here?

'91 Pearl Green GT2 16v... Breaking
'80 MK1 GLS project... Sold
Gilb666

Post by Gilb666 »

Just looked out my window and saw a dark green or black GTII going through Walton (chesterfield) not 2 mins after i drove the other way down the road

captquo

Post by captquo »

That's me! Sorry, I don't remember the thumbs-up, but thanks!
DougWomble wrote:Black MK2, * *** WPC (I think) in Wimbledon town centre this morning.

I gave the guy a big thumbs up but he looked blankly at me and sped off down the road...

1986 GT S
DougWomble

Post by DougWomble »

Excellent! Another local rocco!

I saw you on St George's Road - I must admit, I had my arm around my wife when I gave you the thumbs up, so you might not have seen it. She doesn't understand why I'd want to give a complete stranger a thumbs up, so I was trying to hide it from her!!! :hehe:
captquo wrote:That's me! Sorry, I don't remember the thumbs-up, but thanks!
DougWomble wrote:Black MK2, * *** WPC (I think) in Wimbledon town centre this morning.

captquo

Post by captquo »

I live in Wimbledon. I just drove past a silver GT parked on Arterberry Road, about half way up towards the village. F*** CDY - is that you?

Perhaps the sneaky thumbs was missed as it was sneaky!
DougWomble wrote:Excellent! Another local rocco!

I saw you on St George's Road - I must admit, I had my arm around my wife when I gave you the thumbs up, so you might not have seen it. She doesn't understand why I'd want to give a complete stranger a thumbs up, so I was trying to hide it from her!!! :hehe:

1986 GT S
DougWomble

Post by DougWomble »

That's me!! I travel quite regularly between Wimbledon and mid-Bedfordshire, and *never* see another Scirocco on my travels. And it turns out there's been one in my home patch all along!! Nice one :D
captquo wrote:I live in Wimbledon. I just drove past a silver GT parked on Arterberry Road, about half way up towards the village. F*** CDY - is that you?

Perhaps the sneaky thumbs was missed as it was sneaky!
DougWomble wrote:Excellent! Another local rocco!

captquo

Post by captquo »

I don't think I have seen another Scirocco in Wimbledon aside from a faded red Mark 1 and a few Mark 3s (which don't count :yup: )

I shall watch out for you . . .

1986 GT S
richlyons

Post by richlyons »

spotted a dark mk2 tonight near the edinborough arms in york. was on some halfords type rims and i think a ni plate?

1988 helios blue scala, weber carb, gti cam,
1989 red gt2 (daily)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Silver mk2 on a G-plate spotted this morning 8:30am.
It was queuing south on the A49 at the A5 (M54) roundabout.

Looked like it had an extra pair of fogs fitted...

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

2 mk 2's in one day yesterday. I saw a dark blue or black H reg coming away from Hebden Bridge at about 8.35, (got a wave from driver and passenger) and a silver possibly H reg on Deansgate, Manchester, at 6.15ish. Great day for roc spotting.