Box Arch Mk2

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
mk2moo

Re: Box Arch Mk2

Post by mk2moo »

Had a bit more time on this today. Firstly I chopped out the other quarter. Nice large gap for some wide fun.

Also got the inside of the new back end sorted. So here I chopped out the rear end as I'm tunning no bumpers. This was then filled in with some sheet which also followed the body lines. Therefore due to having no bumper i wanted something strong on the inside which would aid rigidity. So here I welded in a tube of 48mm od, 3mm thick.

Lastly I cleaned up the vent cover. I have also decided not to start fiddling with the fuel cap. Once its cleaned up and filler is skimmed I suspect it should look much better.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Also thought I'd show the actual car. Garage is small and messy so hard to get a decent angle. You may notice something is missing up front.

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

you need to relocate the filler cap to behind the number plate of something. the rest looks cool, but the filler cap spoils the lines for me. shouldn't be hard for you to do? or rfit it to the arch?

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Little update in the arches. Been on my hold so haven't been doing much.

Both rear arches are complete and just finessing the shape and cleaning them up. They are no where near finished in the pics but getting there.

BlackGTX
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by BlackGTX »

looking good

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Well with the photo bucket change I won't be updating this anymore.

If want to view progress you can see it on instagram @rocco_liam

Cheers