Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Old Mac Rocco
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Hi :newbie:
I have two sciroccos unfortunately that is one too many as I need space to winter my E plate in a dry lockup while using my polo as my daily driver.
I have been an active member on another Scirocco site with just under 500 posts to my name.
On the advice of some of the members from this site I have registered here so I can let you know of a shell with a 1.8 injection engine attached to it.
I have it listed on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT
and also on Sciroccuk at
http://www.sciroccouk.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=8&t=722
where you can follow the history to date.
There are Pics on ebay and more on the other link.
Any other info can be obtained from me via the site.
I look forward to getting as much pleasure from this site as I have had from my other one and I am willing to help anyone in any way I can.
Thanks for now from the frozen north - well 20 miles outside Glasgow.
Old Mac Rocco

Hope this is the right place for this post???????

A heart broken GLI - R.I.P. A loveable GT. A practical Polo now deceased.
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

welcome - noticed this on ebay this week, could make for an interesting project/rescue for sure.

as you may have spotted on the for sale section we have preferred formats re cars for sale over here - please can you adjust accordingly?

cheers

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Old Mac Rocco

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Hi,
Sorry for not using the correct format re selling cars but I was not really selling it on this site, I was only letting fellow scirocco lovers know that it was available and where to look for it.
As I was not familiar with the site I did not know what board to put it on as it was more for information than selling.
If you want it moved I'll do my best to move it. I think I have ended up with it on two different boards so it may be easier for you to delete it from the wrong one rather than me foul it up completely.
I could fill in the for sale form but it has only one more day to run on ebay (finishes Monday night 10ish) then the socket set goes to work on what's left.
Please accept my sincerest apologies but it was a genuine error.

rocco89

Post by rocco89 »

Hi all, im brand new here. Heres my rocco earlier in the summer.

and heres the rocco i brought in the summer to break.

Anyone live in the eastbourne/ brighton area with a rocco?

Old Mac Rocco

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Hi and welcome,
The E plate you bought to scrap is identical to mine, same reg and colour.
Have you scrapped it yet and if not could you verify what colour code it is and what condition the passengers door is in ?
You can reply here or pm me.
Cheers,
Old Mac Rocco.

rocco89

Post by rocco89 »

Sorry Old Mac but the E plate is no more. From memory it had accident damage on that door anyway.

Old Mac Rocco

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Sorry to hear about the loss, but if it helped to keep another on the road it was not in vain.

Cpt Custom
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Cpt Custom »

Old Mac Rocco wrote:The E plate you bought ... could you verify what colour code it is?
Try having a nosey on the site below, which I seem to remember was flagged up here by another member a while back ...

Scirocco Paint Codes

:beers:

Image 1987 Alpine White Mk2 GT Lily
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

Is it not Flash Silver, looks like it?

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
rocco89

Post by rocco89 »

ianaudia4 wrote:Is it not Flash Silver, looks like it?
Top pic (F818 WHG) is Pewter Grey Metallic LA7Y. Or according to the can of spray paint i have from VW, Tin Grey Metallic L0A7 Y06.

Bottom pic (E855 JSG) i think was Jade Green Metallic LN6V.

shakespeare

Post by shakespeare »

Shakespeare Says Hello
Hi Shakespeare here. Thank you for allowing me to joining your forum. I would just like to introduce myself as an avid motor sport fan which over the years has led me to becoming a full time manager for a drag racing strip. You may have come across us; Shakespeare County Raceway situated near Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire.

In the last few years we’ve seen quite a lot of extremely fast, quick and loud modified cars on the property all trying to out do each other. Although I couldn’t find any forum rules and, out of courtesy, if its okay with you guys I would like to tell you a little bit more about our Public Track Day and Run What You Brung experience weekends as well as how your club members can get involved. Perhaps I could place something in the Events threads? Looking forward to hopefully working with you guys and meeting some of your club members at the raceway. Hear from you soon and thank you for your time.

Regards

Shakespeare

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

shakespeare wrote:Shakespeare Says Hello
Hi Shakespeare here. Thank you for allowing me to joining your forum. I would just like to introduce myself as an avid motor sport fan which over the years has led me to becoming a full time manager for a drag racing strip. You may have come across us; Shakespeare County Raceway situated near Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire.

In the last few years we’ve seen quite a lot of extremely fast, quick and loud modified cars on the property all trying to out do each other. Although I couldn’t find any forum rules and, out of courtesy, if its okay with you guys I would like to tell you a little bit more about our Public Track Day and Run What You Brung experience weekends as well as how your club members can get involved. Perhaps I could place something in the Events threads? Looking forward to hopefully working with you guys and meeting some of your club members at the raceway. Hear from you soon and thank you for your time.

Regards

Shakespeare

please email details to press@sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk - if you see the 'using the forum' section we do have rules that cover approaches by commercial organisations but in principle i am sure that some members on here might be interested in event there.

thanks

Serial Rocco-ist.........
shakespeare

Post by shakespeare »

No problem. We'll do just that. Thank you for your time.

Shakespeare

emjay

Post by emjay »

:newbie:

Hi all, Martyn here checking in from the not so sunny Stockport :shocking: I'm here to learn abit more about the old Scirocco's with the intention to buy one later on this year to complement my current Audi Coupe GT. Exiled here from Nottingham (chased a woman lol) so I'm an east midlands lad at heart and an avid season ticket holder for Nottingham Forest (22 years this year..eck). Oh and I do a bit of photography and Northern Soul is my main musical bag. And I'm a very active member over at Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk) so feel free to pop over and tell them Emjay sent you

Here's a couple of pictures of my daily hack and my Audi

My daily is a Volvo S80. Had Volvo's for the last ten years, this one for nearly four but she gets traded in Feb for a Citroen C5 tourer. Gonna miss the big old gal but needs must

And here's my coupe. She's a lot of hard work but a very rare girl in this colour, being the only Coupe GT ever sold in the UK in Gobi Gold so a real one off. My missus won't let me buy another classic without a fight unless it's a Scirocco and I reckon a Rocca and My coupe parked side by side would really compliment each other.So any advice you can pass my way would be greatfully appreciated.

Old Mac Rocco

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Hi and welcome.
I'm sure it won't be long til you are overwhelmed with advice on what to buy.
Two very nice machines but the gold one wins hands down. No contest.
Brings back memories of cold November nights in Kielder Forest singing to the tune of Lancias, Audi's, Ford's and many others.
Oh happy days. :crying: Tears of Joy.