Spotted

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
The Autoad
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Spotted

Post by The Autoad »

today about 16:00, followed a black Mk2 GTI A208(?) LEG leaving Derby on the A52. It turned off for Sandiacre whilst I continued onto the M1 from the same roundabout. Car looked good, lowered on some larger than standard wheels. Owner gave me a wave, I was in the silver X reg GTI if you are reading this!

Your friendly neighbourhood Scirocco restorer for hire
INKERMAN

Post by INKERMAN »

white gt/gt2 yxi1334 (i think) caught a quick look todat 1230 pm junction hillhall rd/saintfeild rd Lisburn.
Nice and clean looked well bbs ra wheel.
Any of the Belfast chapter know this one?

There`s a blue scirocco blowin warm wind into my face
The sun is shining on the underside of the bridges
And there`s cars going by with smiles in the windows

Risocco

Post by Risocco »

Red MK2 in the gridlock on the A456, opposite the TA Centre in Kidderminster yesterday around 12:30.

Alex

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6
andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

Heaths white scala 6ish south manchester, flashed and beeped but it was a bit away...

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

23rd of nov in Los Cristianos, Tenerife bottom of cardiac hill / crossroads a mk3 in grey... nice in the sun :good:

Reverend Frog
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Reverend Frog »

Silver non-bodykit mk2 turning right off the Golders Green Road on to the Finchley Road on Saturday afternoon. Anyone know this one?

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6
eamon1.3

Post by eamon1.3 »

INKERMAN wrote:white gt/gt2 yxi1334 (i think) caught a quick look todat 1230 pm junction hillhall rd/saintfeild rd Lisburn.
Nice and clean looked well bbs ra wheel.
Any of the Belfast chapter know this one?
Seen it once, oul doll driving it. Its a gt2

yabbas

Post by yabbas »

Loads round here in Oxford.

Well - I say loads - Morrell Avenue (just off St Clements) has a dragon green Mk2 parked at the base of the hill, and a white Mk2 parked at the top of the hill, I live less than half a mile away - so you can add an Arctic blue metallic in the near vicinity. I've also seen a red Mk2 doing the rounds occasionally at Churchill Hospital. Unfortunately owing to Oxford's anti-car stance - I don't think any of them have seen me out and about (though there has been many a second glance from fellow dubbers, and a Polish group walking up Headington Hill asking "what's that..." with the reply "iktory Vulksvagun Scirocco" :D

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Filthy white j(??) plate on the Isle of Gain.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
SCOTMCDOT

Post by SCOTMCDOT »

My mate said he flashed a silverish Scirocco going past Golden Acre Park at the weekend thinking it was me.

He thinks that the driver thought he was warning him about speed cameras or something as the Rocco braked and slowed down after he flashed.

Having just re-read this, i know the things that go on at Golden Acre Park and when i say he 'flashed' a Scirocco, I meant with his headlights whilst on the road going past Golden Acre Park. From what he was telling me, he was not actually in Golden Acre Park taking part in some dogging action 'flashing' a Scirocco. Although, if you were in the Scirocco you might be able to tell me different.

bluestreak56

Post by bluestreak56 »

58 Plate Rising Blue Mk3 with Black Leather parked on Osterley Road this morning in Isleworth about 11:45am I'll have a look to see if its still there on my walk back from work.

eefy

Post by eefy »

andyneedham2 wrote:Heaths white scala 6ish south manchester, flashed and beeped but it was a bit away...
wasnt me mate, was in doors with a serious hangover :( lol i know theres a white one in Didsbury way :)

andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

oh right, cool. Thought it was yours with the 5 spokes you used to have (?)

It had a wide grill with a vee dub badge on and no or small fogs anyway...looks like someone is taking inspiration!!

fonzooorooo

Post by fonzooorooo »

Blue K reg GT11 paprked up at Maccy D's Burton on Trent this lunch time. Yet again, I was there in the 9n olop, so wouldn't have been noticed. Seems I never spot a rocco when i'm out in mine!

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

silver scala on moor road, papperwick before noon today on my way to the rocco shrine in the shire...............and a black gt2 on a k plate parked up in sherwood this evening as Ant and i were stocking for the evening..................

Serial Rocco-ist.........