Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by GTXTRA »

lovely car Jupiter - welcome.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

:hi: Welcome along and it is a nice car.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

jupiter8 wrote:Hello, this is my 85 GT. Had this one 8 years (given to me by my brother) it's a daily driver, now done 114000 miles. It replaced a 81 GT that I had for 11 years.
Not in to bad shape for it's age but it will be having some bit's and bob's replaced and fresh paint in the next year. I tried move on to something new but have never found a car I like as much as a scirocco....
I've seen you a few times on my way to work, coming out of Redditch (I'm going the other way, to the hospital). Sadly I only rarely drive my Scirocco to work, so no point waving or flashing my lights! Looks a lovely car.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

Flash wave any thing! nice to be noticed. Thanks for the nice comments It's a dam fine car to drive, could be the best thing VW ever made! (Also own 66 Beetle and 04 Polo 3 cylinders what all that about!!!!).

VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Hi, i'm Tristan from New Zealand.

I have a 1990 Corrado 16v daily driver (one of 13 NZ New cars) which i'm currently finishing a set of BBS RS003s for (16x7.5 and 16x8). I have also recently picked up a 1977 mk1 GLS (rarer than the corrado around here!).

The Corrado is quite nice, once the rims are on that will be all for a while. The scirocco is rusty, off the road and a real project - but beggars can't be choosers around here, I've always wanted one so when it came up for sale I snapped at the opportunity.

I've seen some awesome cars on this site already and am looking forward to learning lots from you lads!

Cheers
Tristan
Last edited by VeeDub on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

VeeDub wrote:Hi, i'm Tristan from New Zealand.

I have a 1990 Corrado 16v daily driver (one of 13 NZ New cars) which i'm currently finishing a set of BBS RS003s for (16x7.5 and 16x8). I have also recently picked up a 1977 mk1 GLS (rarer than the corrado around here!).

The Corrado is quite nice, once the rims are on that will be all for a while. The scirocco is rusty, off the road and a real project - but beggars can't be choosers around here, I've always wanted one so when it came up for sale I snapped at the opportunity. I just bought a 24v VR6 motor for the Scirocco - has this been done before?

I've seen some awesome cars on this site already and am looking forward to learning lots from you lads!

Cheers
Tristan

Huge welcome Tristan - whereabouts in NZ?

Serial Rocco-ist.........
porkymcchop

Post by porkymcchop »

hey guys,

i'm katy. drove my old golf into the ground and took an ebay gamble on a stuttering GTS. took her home down the a11: the front plate fell off - retrieved by my mate behind (i wasn't gonna risk stopping), shortly followed by the rear view mirror, total windscreen wiper fail, and zero handbrake. we bonded. after some pierburg surgery, shes a little great runner and my daily ride, slowly getting her back up to standard. opening the glovebox turned up some old santa pod tickets, so i reckon someone cared about her a while back.... thought id see if she looks familiar to anyone on here?
rocco.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Hello Katy,Norwich, nice place. Look forward to seeing your GTS at some shows in the future. :hi:

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman »

Hi!

Just done this in the Mk2 section so sorry for that (delete if need be Mr Mod)

Was here a few years ago, when I first got my Scala now its time for the come back!

I'm Chris I live in Portchester near Portsmouth I've got an 89 Scala in silver Reg F269 RPG I was registered but probably run out and a change of address since then would have lost me by post (Will join back up for sure!)

Er dunno what else to say right now...

Glad to be back and getting involved hopefully, got a fair bit of work to do as I'm going for a conversion so will be all over this place digginf for clues!

Cheers all!

Chris

VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

GTXTRA wrote:
VeeDub wrote: Huge welcome Tristan - whereabouts in NZ?
Cheers GTXTRA! I'm based in Auckland. We have a small VW scene in NZ and only 1 mk1 rocco member in the club so figure this is where i'm going to learn! I recently found some NOS tail lights for the rocco here in Auckland, great score!!

Topher

Post by Topher »

Hello Folks real name Christopher have a Mk1 Scirocco in restoration.

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Topher wrote:Hello Folks real name Christopher have a Mk1 Scirocco in restoration.
Hi Christopher, that statement necessitates pictures :good: :hi:

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Topher

Post by Topher »

You can see the rest of the build thread on autobahnni, i have another one coming for parts so should be a lot more going on with the car shortly

Image[/QUOTE]

barefoot

Post by barefoot »

Hi,

My name is Dave.

I've just bought an '87 GT from this forum.

I realize that to some of you this, a 1.6 carb engine is probably not the most desirable,
but I had an '82 1.6GL back in the day as a 5 year old car
so it's what I wanted,

I've also got a 944S that I've had since '94
and a VWT2 that I've owned since '96
and this is just great.

It does a few miles to the gallon, unlike the other two
and best of all, there's no scene tax on it yet

and it's even got a gear lever with a bend in it!

I'll be on the forum with alarming regularity and if you see me you'll recognize me as I am indeed,
barefoot

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

:hi: , welcome along. I too had an '82 GL 22 years ago, it was so economical. Your GT has a different engine though, 10 BHP less than the GL's 85 BHP.