Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by ianaudia4 »

Hello mate, car looks nice.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
Neillyboy
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Neillyboy »

Tidy car sir :good:

stevey239

Post by stevey239 »

Hi guys total vw newbie here looking for a bit of help and advice to get my new scirocco up to scratch i bought it really randomly yesterday but thought it was definately wort its £200 price tag with nearly a years tax and test what you think guys
my names steve and i live in southampton any comments welcome on the car

markh

Post by markh »

Hi Steve, is that the GTX that was on Ebay ? Looks ok, damn bargain too for that money mate !! :hi:

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
stevey239

Post by stevey239 »

yes it was on ebay and just down the road so thought it was worth a look and was pleasantly surprised with it so bought it there and then

cosmos81

Post by cosmos81 »

I will be back on the road 1st August as long as it passes an MOT!

1981 MK1 Scirocco Storm
markh

Post by markh »

Gorgeous motor !!! and just down the road from me !! :beers:

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
mic

Post by mic »

Hello everyone! I don't own a scirocco, I've been offered a mk1 shell with lots of bits so having a look around and read up :)

JimC

Post by JimC »

Hi
I used to have a Mk1 GTI from about 1988 to 1993 -- It was a 1978 GLS originally but resprayed Ancona Blue Metallic and converted to GTI. Here is an early photo.
It had a 1800 DX (GTI) engine transplant from a late Mk1 Golf GTI, and Koni sports suspension pack, uprated front discs, and later I put in a storm recaro leather interior. I loved it to pieces, or at least until it rusted to pieces. I was asked over a grand two years running for welding (and paint) to get it through the MOT. If I knew then what I know now (ie I was being ripped off), I would have kept the car and learned how to do bodywork, and done it properly. C'est la vie. After that, I bought a 1987 (series II) Audi coupe quattro, which I have driven since then and I am now going to restore it myself, slowly.

So I need another car and would love to find a Mk1 with a half decent body at an affordable price. Don't care what engine. Not that easy is it? Looking at DVLA stats from 2007, I estimate a hundred or so, maybe fewer, on the road. I know body parts will be difficult (impossible) although some repair panels are still available from Germany, but hopefully Golf underpinnings mean mechanical stuff can be got, whereas for the Audi just about everything is now NLA. At least they have just reintroduced windscreen seals! Thanks, Audi.

Hope you guys will put up with the odd question, and I will report progress if I find anything. Got one possible lead at the moment. Saw some of you and some great cars at GTI International, BTW. Also -- I don't want to offend anybody, but for me, it has to be a Mk1.

Best wishes to all

Jim

Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Hi Im Justin and am in the South East. Just finished college and my old Gold Driver failed its M.O.T so I grabbed a scirocco MK2 F reg off Ebay for just over £300.....it has fuel issues and glugs to a hlat so Im having my mechanicc pop in to take a look at the fuel tank, He thinks it might be rust in the tank blocking the filter........I hope so Im skint and need this baby to get me past Christmas.
I am VW owner and love my 64 split screen bus which is garaged and awaiting a complete overhaul. I will post up picks soon.

Glad to be aboard and I can see myself holding on to this scirocco of she manages to get going, she doesnt need too much work to look quite a beaut!!

Cheers for now.

J

Goldie

Post by Goldie »

And heres the pics........shes ok but needs a bit of work.

J

Chris16vRocco

Post by Chris16vRocco »

Hello all,

My name's Chris. I'm from Maryland over here in the US. I've been lurking here a bit, and you folks have some very nice Sciroccos for sure.

I have 4 myself.

An 87 16v in Flash Silver:

An 88 16v in Black:

A 78 that was repainted many moons ago in this horrid shade of teal. It's a project for the distant future, I'm afraid.

And this 80 automatic that I just got a couple of days ago. It hasn't seen the road since the mid 90's (as evidenced by the inspection sticker that expired in September 1993). I hope to get this one driveable soon.

Thanks for looking,

Chris :hi:

Cpt Custom

Post by Cpt Custom »

Hi Folks.

I’m Paul from Harrogate and I’d like you to meet Poppy my 1987 GT, which is now being rebuilt …

If you’re interested you can follow her progress on my restoration thread:

http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/carf ... =19&t=6633

:newbie:

Image 1987 Alpine White Mk2 GT Lily
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Chris16vRocco wrote:Hello all,

My name's Chris. I'm from Maryland over here in the US. I've been lurking here a bit, and you folks have some very nice Sciroccos for sure.

I have 4 myself.

Hi Chris, a fine selection of Sciroccos. I think I might have seen some of them on Vortex (I don't go there much, though). Welcome!

Ed

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
@dam

Post by @dam »

Hi guys/girls I'm Adam and i'm from East Yorkshire, i got my Scirocco on Friday it's a 92 pearl grey GT2. I got it off a mate for £200 complete with a full S/S exhaust and 4-2-1 manifold only downside is it needs a new gearbox but i've already found one for £24 (ebay :hugegrin: ) Anyway have a couple of pics.

And heres one of me holding a small child

That is all :good: