Car died completely

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
sciroccodave

Re: Car died completely

Post by sciroccodave »

Sorted! Hi all, upon further inspection today I found the rotor arm to have a tiny piece burnt out of the strip where the insulating glue/plastic is. I have no idea how I missed it before, I had a spare from another golf, popped it in and it fired up straight away even after not being run for a couple of months! I believe it was arcing and slowly making it's way through to the bottom of the dizzy, and would probably have melted all the way through. Very dodgy. I will be carrying a spare and keeping an eye on it! On the downside, for whatever reason my rev counter now does not work! Thanks for all the help guys. Merry Christmas and all that!

Dave