Happiness

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
jimmy h
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Happiness

Post by jimmy h »

Ah! thanks for that.

I think the problems I was having with my method was the tape was actually Aluminium (all be it only a few microns) and yes, I too was using lot's of patience and many scalpel blades - I will order some of the vinyl. Is the seller Viperstripesdirect?

I know what you are saying about the 'Volkswagen badge' I bought myself a load of Christmas pressies from Crazy Quiffs and a new badge was one of them! at £18 it was far from cheap but, sometimes you have to be realistic on what can be a waste of time for little reward.

I'm hoping to get some photo's up on my project thread soon,it's not for the want of trying, I simply struggle with sitting at a PC doing such stuff, I enlisted my brother who came round yesterday (he enjoys playing with such stuff) and even he left scratching his head :scratch:

Knowing him though, I know he will not give up untill he has cracked it. :read:

All the best. :beers:

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

Are thoses headlamps just cleaned to death or new replacements from the bmw or capri ?

Top work lots i love ballet sweet as fella
:good:

1lazza

Post by 1lazza »

Are thoses headlamps just cleaned to death or new replacements from the bmw or capri ?
Bit of both - the inners have some previous use, had to make up some special swabs/lens cleaner to get to all the nooks and crannies inside the lens to get the haze off. Much glass polish to do outside of lenses.
Is the seller Viperstripesdirect?
Yes it was - I bought the 200mm wide stuff as I wanted to do the grille in one piece without joints. As it's proper Automotive grade foil it should stand up to the elements quite well, probably better than the original treatment which is inclined to wear off quite quickly. The chrome is quite bright/mirrorlike. If you are an absolute purist you could use a little matt fixative/lacquer to bring the appearance closer to original.