My new Scirocco!

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
jabasco
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: My new Scirocco!

Post by jabasco »

that looks gorgeous!!!! really does......

The Autoad

Post by The Autoad »

fab car. fab garage.

Your friendly neighbourhood Scirocco restorer for hire
ash-lough

Post by ash-lough »

Hey guys, just to let you know the alloys in the pictures are soon to be up for sale.

Thought i'd gauge interest while im waiting to put my new alloys on. I'll get some pictures closer up tomorrow if i have time and create a real for sale ad.

Theyre 17's, MVK's and have been scuffed in places.

Like I said just gauging interest at the moment, but if you are interested make me an offer...you never know!

jabasco

Post by jabasco »

them wheels look spot on in my opinion mate!!! every time i look at this car, it looks better and better! love it!!! i would be polishing that up every day!!

ash-lough wrote:You may recognise it as it was for sale on this forum...picked it up sunday and gave it a bit of a spruce up today. Rear arches were absolutely caked in mud...all clean now though and the wheels come off for a proper look at the weekend. It runs brilliantly, brought us back from birmingham fine (95000 miles) and has a full MOT.

I've got a list as long as my arm of what i'm going to do to it (many thanks to those who helped me construct that list); loads of little cosmetic things, a full service, new cam belt, new fuel filter, brake fluid etc etc.

Still unsure on the suspension/ride height front....as its going to be used as a daily.

Now I have to wait until my birthday before i can afford to insure it!

Also...in the near future the alloys will be up for sale...let me know if youre interested, ill put a proper ad up when I have some others to replace them. Theyre 17's and a little to large for my liking.

Here's a few pictures:

jabasco

Post by jabasco »

yeah got me thinking now??? they do look nice, but maybe 15's and get it dropped, oh yes!!!

Reverend Frog wrote:very nice indeed. Agree the wheels are far too big. Some 15s, lowered and with some decent but reasonably-priced tyres like Toyo Proxes and you'll be flying

ash-lough

Post by ash-lough »

them wheels look spot on in my opinion mate!!! every time i look at this car, it looks better and better! love it!!! i would be polishing that up every day!!
I like the look theyre just a bit big, the new ones are kinda similar but a bit more subtle and will hopefully give a better drive as I will be covering a lot of miles in this car.

As for the polishing...ive just returned from uni and havent stopped since I got back it scrubs up a treat! I started cleaning the engine bay too today... opened a can of worms as theres always another more and more to clean! I have 2 weeks until its on the road...I cant wait!

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

Ash, are you going to drop in to Inters this coming weekend, just up/down the road from you? Would like to see the car mate.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
ash-lough

Post by ash-lough »

Ash, are you going to drop in to Inters this coming weekend, just up/down the road from you? Would like to see the car mate.
I'd love to mate but my car wont be on the road until the weekend after, which is when im moving back to loughborough. If all goes well I think i'll be able to make the national meet though.

b5byt

Post by b5byt »

15's + drop that will be looking very nice mate :vcool:

1984 Scirocco Storm Cosmos Blue < Body has really had it, if you need parts off it let me know < Going.
1986 Scirocco Scala (Rocco-Jocco's old one) Having some life put back in to it
2001 Carbon Black E39 M5
2008 Carbon Black E60 M5
ash-lough

Post by ash-lough »

Finally got the new wheels on...just needs dropping now and the long grille adding!

What you think?

DT1

Post by DT1 »

More to the point what do you think?

Don't overdo it when you drop it if you plan to use it regularly. Mine is a daily, lowered on 16"'s, I actually took mine back up an inch to cope with the roads round here (kept breaking suspension bits), so I'm speaking from experience. :yup:

Of course, everyones tolerance to crashing and banging is different.

Have you seen the long grill on a Scirocco in the flesh so to speak? Or just pictures?

ash-lough

Post by ash-lough »

I like it, has taken some getting used to lookswise as it looks completely different.

I have a grille just haven't put it on as I'm waiting to put on a headlight loom and see what the difference is and if I dare remove the lights. However I do like the look of some of the home made smaller grilles I've seen.

Lowering it won't come for a while, maybe not at all as it is a daily. I'll see once I'm used to it.

There's a lot of little dings and small knocks to the bodywork as well as the area where its peeled so I'm thinking of having a full respray...maybe a reeeeeally dark purple, almost black. But that again is a while off.

I've been waiting to get a rocco on the road for two years now and tthe big day is Saturday!

b5byt

Post by b5byt »

Looking good

1984 Scirocco Storm Cosmos Blue < Body has really had it, if you need parts off it let me know < Going.
1986 Scirocco Scala (Rocco-Jocco's old one) Having some life put back in to it
2001 Carbon Black E39 M5
2008 Carbon Black E60 M5
ash-lough

Post by ash-lough »

New look, wont be to everyones taste. New wheels and a tad lower next!

Jay4424

Post by Jay4424 »

how many NEW wheesl you havign?!?

'85 Mk2 GT 1.6 carb. 4+E box, loads of goodies (elecy things!)
GT2 trailer (with the Fon-zooroo!!!)
'52 BSA A10
'37 72' wooden narrow boat
'03 Suzuki GSX1400