V.A.G Trophy Race - Cadwell

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: V.A.G Trophy Race - Cadwell

Post by the edmundator »

It's about 8 years since I last did any racing... unfortunately a second spell as an undergraduate student limited the free cash. Now I just don't have the time for it (and I'm spending all my money on my house).

James Grantham was around when I raced 2CVs. The first race I did was at Croix-en-Ternois in France, which was an excellent weekend as we got a 2-hour, a 1-hour and a sprint race. Great for learning how to drive your car. I think they now do a shorter season of longer races which puts me off a bit... plus when I was racing you could pick up a scrap 2CV for parts for £50 and a perfectly decent runner for £300. Anything remotely decent is at least a grand now.

I'd like to come along and see the VAG trophy as I'd like to get back to racing again soon. I'm not very technically skilled and don't have much time for fettling the car, so really I need a championship where I've got a chance at being competitive in a fairly standard machine.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX