Spotted

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
scirsteve

Re: Spotted

Post by scirsteve »

lowered very smart looking red mk2 on B4525 middleton cheney/banbury area.

mk2 gtx
DRobbo
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by DRobbo »

Beddo88 wrote:Nice silver GTII (F reg i think) parked up at Snetterton this monday, presumably watching the racing!
H Reg! Racing in the Caterham Academy this year!

DRobbo

Post by DRobbo »

MRMENDER wrote:Silver H Reg GT2 Parked on a bend out side house at Monford Bridge Shropshire. Looked very tidy However it also looked like it had been standing for a while too
Spotted this one too. Apparently it has been there for ages and doesn't seem to move!

goaferboy

Post by goaferboy »

scirsteve wrote:lowered very smart looking red mk2 on B4525 middleton cheney/banbury area.
That could have been me! Did it look like this?

Possibly minus the fog lights, depending on when you saw it. Has them fancy Hawaiian flowers hanging from the rear view mirror.

Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

DRobbo wrote:
Beddo88 wrote:Nice silver GTII (F reg i think) parked up at Snetterton this monday, presumably watching the racing!
Haha excellent! Sadly i only came for the monday so will have missed those. I was told off for spending more time looking at your rocco than the expensive Porsche's / Bentleys that were nearby :P

DRobbo

Post by DRobbo »

Beddo88 wrote:
DRobbo wrote:
Haha excellent! Sadly i only came for the monday so will have missed those. I was told off for spending more time looking at your rocco than the expensive Porsche's / Bentleys that were nearby :P
Nice one!! Did you see the Mk2 Golf 20m down the line? Sporting a 1.8T lump (I think) looked very smart!

We were actually racing on the Monday but were part of the sprint event on the 100 circuit :yup: Not the greatest viewing spectacle compared to the circuit racing!!!!

james butler

Post by james butler »

nice grey/silver storm going down towards cotteridge yesterday. i was outside the car audio centre about alf 4ish. young lad in the car (well prob same age as me!!!LOL)

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

DRobbo wrote: Nice one!! Did you see the Mk2 Golf 20m down the line? Sporting a 1.8T lump (I think) looked very smart!

We were actually racing on the Monday but were part of the sprint event on the 100 circuit :yup: Not the greatest viewing spectacle compared to the circuit racing!!!!
Ahh, we only spent 10/15 mins watching that in the afternoon. Seemed to be some old spec F3s(?) / Formula renaults etc testing? Friend got some cracking photos of the Mighty Minis racing though.

And yea, was that the one with the Merc wheels? Wheels seemed a little oversized to me, there was barely room for the tyres! :P

Anyway... back to the topic...

DRobbo

Post by DRobbo »

Beddo88 wrote:
Ahh, we only spent 10/15 mins watching that in the afternoon. Seemed to be some old spec F3s(?) / Formula renaults etc testing? Friend got some cracking photos of the Mighty Minis racing though.

And yea, was that the one with the Merc wheels? Wheels seemed a little oversized to me, there was barely room for the tyres! :P

Anyway... back to the topic...
MSA Sprint champs so pretty much open regs (Dallara F3's, something with a Cosworth F1 engine etc etc.... The one with the Merc wheels was immaculate but that was a Mk4, the Mk2 was inbetween that and my car! But anyway... Back to spotting other Rocco's....

danbeier

Post by danbeier »

james butler wrote:nice grey/silver storm going down towards cotteridge yesterday. i was outside the car audio centre about alf 4ish. young lad in the car (well prob same age as me!!!LOL)
That was me - thought I saw an acknowledgement - cheers! Was just on my way to look at a prospective house buy in Cotteridge as it happens...

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

A proxy spot from GF last night (Friday). A silver J reg leaving Cornwallis Gardens in Hastings and heading up the A21. She said the driver was a chap with short cropped hair and looked like Billy Idol. Oh and BTW the Gothy girl in the slinky black dress was gawking at the car, not the driver. :chortle:

'92 Tornado Red Scala i
'04 blue Mondeo TDCi

http://www.worldgothday.com/
Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

Silver Rocco going in opposit direction through Camberley. I was in my scala... exchanged flashes of lights. First rocco i've seen round here for ages!!

scrumpyone

Post by scrumpyone »

Yay! :groove: Spotted one in the west country.

Light Metallic Green.

Mk2 something or other. Heading from Bath towards Marksbury @ 11 am today.

I was in wife's Polo so didn't I.D. myself.

Any one here?

Dave

Register No:1110
'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
'91 MK2 GT2 (alive & kicking)
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

Spotted outside Wickes Redditch yesterday 0830.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Metallic grey/silver Mk2 on the A329 near Bracknell this evening on way back from Stonor in the 16v. Flashes/waves exchanged.

Serial Rocco-ist.........