temperature gauge

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
tammyphil
fill in the right answer: 10

temperature gauge

Post by tammyphil »

hi everybody out there hope you all are having a great bank holiday a strange thing happened this morning got into my scala looked at the temperature gauge and it was on half way how can this be i never used the car at all yesterday so it cant be through overheating i hope somebody out can provide the answer to this problem

mark1gls

Re: temperature gauge

Post by mark1gls »

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Thats where your temperature gauge is meant it be when driving... Unless you mean you did not start the engine and it was half way? Stuck needle in the guage, gentle tap on the dashboard to see if it moves....

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
dozzum

Re: temperature gauge

Post by dozzum »

If you had as much rain as we did then it could be water causing it to short a bit as when you earth the wire to the sender it goes all the way to the top.

tammyphil

temperature gauge

Post by tammyphil »

hi everybody my temperature gauge has gone back to normal must have been the monsoon conditions affecting the contacts