Aux air valve - adjustment?

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
jim91
fill in the right answer: 10

Aux air valve - adjustment?

Post by jim91 »

This had been giving the usual type of grief, towards end of the week idling at 1800 which made my drive to work fun in bumper to bumper traffic!

I took it out yesterday and did it with contact cleaner. I noticed a nut on it and loosened it, released this was for adjusting and then put it back where it was (I think :shocking: ). AAV back in again and it was idling lovely staying well under 1k.

Took for a spin lastnight and was perfect until warmed up when it just sat at 1k again.

Anyone know what way the adjustment would work and if it would take this out of it??

Or if there's any chance getting a new AAV??

Cheers folks

plastermaster

Re: Aux air valve - adjustment?

Post by plastermaster »

Try Ken Mills Injection for AAV.

1984 Cosmos Blue Storm
jim91

Re: Aux air valve - adjustment?

Post by jim91 »

Cheers dude I'll get in contact :chill: