early MK2 scirocco in local scrap yard

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
saharawind

early MK2 scirocco in local scrap yard

Post by saharawind »

Just to let members know that a one owner Mk 2 scirocco Gl 1982 with center single wiper in gold with gold interior has turned up at the local scrap yard near Stourbridge in midlands. Car was runner and the original owner who bought it from new needed the destruction note from the breakersyard as he didn,t want it going back on the road. Car has been standing for years and the breakers put fresh petrol in it and turned the key and to thier amazment it started !!! but has a leak on the fuel line. No body kit and looks as if the body work is in good condition . hope to get photo,s tomorrow so if anybody wants more info let me Know.
Have photo's but unsure how to upload onto page.There are two scirocco's at this yard the 82 gl and a 86gt both cars have started to get strippped and the 82 gl now has a car sitting on the roof ,front lights , clocks , radio , rear spoiler now gone . the interior is there in gold but getting dirty, drivers seat not ripped , must have been low millage.
The 86 gt, has doors ,rear spoiler gone .
Last edited by saharawind on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: early MK2 scirocco in local scrap yard

Post by the edmundator »

I'd definitely be interested, not a long way from me :good:

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX