Brembo pads..

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
sciroccodave

Re: Brembo pads..

Post by sciroccodave »

I probably bought the same as you if you got them from gsf, new brembo pads and the split vented discs? The pads seem pretty good, to bed them in I gently sanded the pads with low grade grit paper in a swirling motion, and then very fine wet and dry on the disc surfraces. Then gently driving for 100 miles. The reason for the sanding is incase you do have to make an emergency stop. The brakes will work! :D and it's less likely to have effected the bedding in!

Dave

Beddo88

Re: Brembo pads..

Post by Beddo88 »

Yea, i just went for driving slowly everywhere and leaving massive gaps to the car in front :D

They feel nicely bedded in now though, and they aren't half better than the previous ones. Not had to apply them 'poste-haste' yet, but i feel a dam sight safer with these in the car :)