Ebay coilover question

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Ebay coilover question

Post by monzajake »

I recall a few people on the old register that had brought these coilovers. Now question is what are they like ride wise ?.
Are they a very soild ride ?(ie filling fulling out) a firm ride with a bit of give ? Or somewhere inbetween firm and comfy?
I noticed while reading through there listing that there not damping adjustable only height adjustable.
So what are they like on the mk2 ? as the mk2 is a tad heavier than the mk1 ?
Also how low have you got them wound down ? touching the weeds :hugegrin:

Thanks in advance..
P.s i know there the cheap ones, but im just interested in replys..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2
:bye:

Jetfire
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Ebay coilover question

Post by Jetfire »

Im sure theres a thread on this already

AndyGreaves

Post by AndyGreaves »

Ive got the raceland ones fitted to my Scirocco, on some roads they are harsh but generally driving around there fine. passengers do occasionally bump their head on the roof if u go a bit too fast over a bump lol
mine lowered like so

it could go alot lower but id have problems gettin off my driverway.

Risocco

Post by Risocco »

They are great dude. Had entry level FKs on my old Golf and they were harsh as hell. Perfect for ragging it round corners but the ride was almost unbearable. These Hottuning ones on eBay are way better tho. Naturally its a harsher ride and speed bumps are a no-go at anything over 15mph but you still retain a little ride quality. I honestly cant recomend them enough and my fillings have stayed perfectly in my gob. :hugegrin:

Oh my car is lowered pretty much the same as Andy's above

Alex

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6
RoccoGuy

Post by RoccoGuy »

not sure which ones mine are but they are cheapo ebay coilvers and i think there great, i've got FK's on my jetta but think these are much better day to day driving (a lot less harsh), when they were on my old rocco i never had any problem with speed bumps and i never had to slow down to 15mph for them and that had 13's on it lol

not the best pic but this is how it sits, gonna be adjusting the front to get some stance once its on the road, gotta sort out bigger problems before that tho.

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

So it's fair to say then that there pretty good coilovers with a half decent ride comfort wise...cool..

Funollie

Post by Funollie »

monzajake wrote:So it's fair to say then that there pretty good coilovers with a half decent ride comfort wise...cool..
I've had them for nearly 2 years and that would've been exactly what i'd said. :hugegrin: