16v conversion fuse box

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
millsy20
fill in the right answer: 10

16v conversion fuse box

Post by millsy20 »

I have been trying to start my 16v conversion and I cant get a spark. All the wires are connected to the back of the fusebox, Im able to get a buz with the voltmeter on all the wires going to the ignition amplifier and the spark control box. I was wondering if i had a relay missing from the fusebox. Can someone post a picture of their 16v conversion fuse boxes so I can see if i have one missing or list the relays with their location.

Rich

1991 Red Scirocco GT2-Soon to be GT2 16v
2010 MK3 Scirocco GT TDi 140 for daily duties
monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 16v conversion fuse box

Post by monzajake »

When i did my 16v i never went near the fuse box..
Just removed the 8v ignition module, and wires to coil. Added the 16v module and ecu (ones fed from the other) connected the green to the coil a black to the coil another black to the earth on the battery..Job done

Are you trying to run a isv ?

millsy20
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 16v conversion fuse box

Post by millsy20 »

I am at the minute but Ive got a pair of weber 40s im going to be putting on once Ive got them back from being refurbed.

Rich

1991 Red Scirocco GT2-Soon to be GT2 16v
2010 MK3 Scirocco GT TDi 140 for daily duties