Mk1 Golf GTI Exhaust

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
mclean83
fill in the right answer: 10

Mk1 Golf GTI Exhaust

Post by mclean83 »

My mate is doing an ABF conversion on his MK1 golf GTI and has a surplus nearly new exhaust system inc manifold with 6 stud mount. I just wondered if anyone knows if this will fit my Scirocco so I can do away with my standard toilet bowl c clip exhaust manifold. my engine is the 1600 gt, the engine the exhaust came from is the 1.8I Gti.

Thanks

Will

81GTi

Re: Mk1 Golf GTI Exhaust

Post by 81GTi »

manifold and downpipe will fit no problem but the rest will have all the exhaust hangers in the wrong places.

Nate

Re: Mk1 Golf GTI Exhaust

Post by Nate »

i fitted a mk1 golf exhaust to the scala when i first bought it. tail pipe needed extending 6" and a rear hanger added. easy to do if you've got access to a mig welder - just cut a straight bit off your old one and weld it on

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3