Anyone running 9X16" Borbet A's on a mk2?

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Thainoodle
fill in the right answer: 10

Anyone running 9X16" Borbet A's on a mk2?

Post by Thainoodle »

Argh, just gone to fit the coilovers and wheels to my gtx, the rear went in fine, wheels looking good but the front is a different story! The wheel was hitting the caliper, so I spaced the wheel out but now its sitting too far out. Looks odd and handles even worse! I was hoping a 9X16 would go on but obviously not. Anyone else done the same or do i need to find a set of 7.5x16's?

Shame as it looks ace with them fitted :beg:

GTXTRA

Re: Anyone running 9X16" Borbet A's on a mk2?

Post by GTXTRA »

can't see those working at all tbh.

7's on the front are the real world max in either 15'' 0r 16'', i have done both, see scala and 16v 'a16 gtx' project threads

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

I'm running Borbet T's with 9" on the rear and 7"s on the front. I tried the 9's on the front as I had the same thought but is just wasn't happening.
Could space the fronts out a bit?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Thainoodle

Post by Thainoodle »

I've spaced the fronts out, now they fit but stick out way too far (tread is a good 1" outside of the arch area)

I need to find some 7's.....

b5byt

Post by b5byt »

I have 8's on the front and 9's on the back with mine, no spacers.Tyres are stretched on tho'

1984 Scirocco Storm Cosmos Blue < Body has really had it, if you need parts off it let me know < Going.
1986 Scirocco Scala (Rocco-Jocco's old one) Having some life put back in to it
2001 Carbon Black E39 M5
2008 Carbon Black E60 M5
Junglist

Post by Junglist »

8s are the limit. I've even seen 8s on without stretch but arch liners were removed. I think you'll have to find someone with narrower borbet a's and swap 2 of yous wheels. I'm sure they'd welcome the swap and may even throw some cash your way too as they're gaining width.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage