Inner headlamp part numbers etc

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
MK21800
fill in the right answer: 10

Inner headlamp part numbers etc

Post by MK21800 »

I've actually made a post requesting a passenger side inner headlamp (full beam light? Square in shape) on the pats wanted section, but have just noticed one on ebay.

Am finding it difficult to make out the part numbers etc. on mine.

Is there a difference between the drivers side and passengers side or are they both the same?

Anyone got the part numbers so I can contact the seller to make sure?

Scala 1991 DX Engine.

Many thanks.

GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Inner headlamp part numbers etc

Post by GT_II »

Left spot light (passenger) : 533941061
Right spot light (driver): 533941062

I am not sure what the difference is as I would expect the beam pattern to be symmetrical, perhaps the position of the mounting clips?

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
MK21800

Post by MK21800 »

I've got some part numbers from the seller that are apparently actually stamped on to the glass, as I couldn't quite make them out in the photo.

4459 RB

&

301-127 760

They have written back to me saying that they think that both the RH and LH units are the same. Confusing me because why would VW make two different part numbers in that case?

From what I can find out, the "RH" part number is 301-127 760 and the "LH" part number (the one I need) is 301-127 761. But no one can seem to tell the difference between the two.....

Hmmmm.....

GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by GT_II »

I've just had a look at mine and found the reflectors and lenses are both different when comparing left to right. I guess this is to spread the beam overall and reduce the amount of overlap between the two.

The easiet way to tell between them is to look at the writing moulded in the front face of the lenses near the top which reads either "TOP L" (passenger side lamp) or "TOP R" (driver side lamp).

The one currently selling on ebay for £30 is marked "TOP R", so driver's side. There is also a matched pair going for £90

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
MK21800

Post by MK21800 »

Sorry about the late reply to this, I've been tied up.
Thanks so much mate for the advice, I do seem to remember I actually knew that at one point (The "Top R", "Top L") thing, and forgot it!
Why do they always seem to be "Top R"? Just my luck!
Anyway, I'll keep scouring ebay, will have a look at that matching set you've pointed out, also I have a post in the parts wanted section here.
Thanks again for your help, nice one!