1981 – Left hand drive Mk 1 Scirocco GTI - £5,000 - Chelmsford

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
PeteGLi
fill in the right answer: 10

1981 – Left hand drive Mk 1 Scirocco GTI - £5,000 - Chelmsford

Post by PeteGLi »

Model: ‘53B’ Left hand drive Mk 1 Scirocco GTI
Year: 1981
Mileage: 177841 Km
MOT: Yes to 20 June 2025
Current owner: Yes
V5 present: Yes
Price: £5,000
Contact Details: Message via PM or contact via Mobile 0 7956 205 918

Additional Information:
Originally registered in Belgium in 1981
At least two previous owners in Belgium, before I bought it in August 2006 with 143,770 kms on the clock
The previous but one owner had carried out the following modifications:
Full Zender bodykit comprising Front airdam integrating bumper; Front grill; Side skirts; Rear valance integrating bumper; Tailgate spoiler
Doorcards with pockets incorporating speaker mounts
Aftermarket glass sunroof
Clocks incorporating the Multi Function Indicator necessitating modification to the fascia mount
Aftermarket vacuum gauge
Engine from a later model which I was told was a 1.8
All I know about the engine is that when I put it on the mobile rolling road at the VW Meet at The Hop Farm in Kent (I cannot remember the year, but it was the year that the Register won Best Club Stand – whatever happened to that trophy ?) it produced Peak Power of 122 hp @ 6200 rpm and Maximum Torque of 113.5 ft-lb at 3450 rpm
Supersprint 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
It passed the recent MOT first time with no advisories
Emissions were – CO %vol – 1.329 (max 4.5) & HC ppmvol – 101 (max 1200)
The car is now registered as a ‘Historic Vehicle’ so Vehicle Tax and ULEZ Charge - EXEMPT

Alterations by me:
Installation of:
VDO gauges – Oil pressure (10 bar) + 2 pin sensor; Voltmeter; Water temperature + sensor; Analogue clock – all (including vacuum gauge) neatly rewired
Uprated headlight loom
Oil deflector plate in cylinder head
Rubber cam cover gasket
Rubber sump gasket with oil sump plate
Large sump with TSR type oil baffle plates
DubPower 7mm ignition leads
Jetex mild steel exhaust
Wiechers lower front strut brace
Unbranded upper front strut brace
Koni suspension with Eibach springs
VW Storm front and rear leather seats

The bad bits:
Needs some upper body work:
Near side A pillar scuttle
Near side front wing aerial hole
Near side top corner of airdam
Offside front wing
Offside door
Tailgate

The underside is solid.

Pictures will follow when I can work out where to post them and how to provide a link
Peter

mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1981 – Left hand drive Mk 1 Scirocco GTI - £5,000 - Chelmsford

Post by mr.brown »

Hi Peter, it's a shame you didn't sell a couple of years ago - it would have saved me the trouble of converting mine to LHD :D

Are you on Facebook? That may actually turn out to be the best place to advertise - very easy to get photos up too.

And to anyone that's interested it's very easy to convert LHD to RHD - the places for the main "holes" are stamped onto the bulkhead already and (apart from the dash) everything else - steering/brakes - can be taken from a mk1 Golf or a mk2 Scirocco. And I have a very good RHD dash.....