Ryan’s 1981 Blue Storm - NRB

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
NMcP_Storm
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Ryan’s 1981 Blue Storm - NRB

Post by NMcP_Storm »

Cheers for clearing that up...

sciroccy

Post by sciroccy »

I know this is an old thread but here goes anyway :-D ...

Hi Ryan, you mentioned you'd had the screen replaced...who did you get this done from? I had to have the screen removed on my mk1 and have had a nightmare getting anyone to fit it with the chrome trim. Did your fitter supply the rubber or did you get it from Vintage Rubber? I know the rule is to fit the rubber to the screen and then fit the trim and then on the car. I've had 2 rubber seals ruined (2 for the back and 2 for the front). I now have the Cal look ones (not yet fitted by the garage in Birmingham(I live in the South East)). I will have to order a 4th set when I get the car back and can find someone to fit them with the chrome trim.

I need a new rear screen too as the demister is useless (will have to get this sorted as I want the car as my daily driver)

Any advice greatly appreciated :-D

Ryan
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Ryan »

I had a bit of a 'mare tracking a new screen down to be honest, and nearly gave up. I can't for the life of me remember which company it was that sorted it in the end (not Autoglass - they were less than helpful!).

Anyway, the guy came to my workplace and fitted it in the car park - used the old seal and trim - no fuss, just got on with it...

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
sciroccy

Post by sciroccy »

Wow, used the old trim too and it still looks great. I need to do some more research

NMcP_Storm

Post by NMcP_Storm »

There is some work being done on the old girl.. Watch this space.. Pictures to follow.

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Good news, keep us updated. :-)

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323