Fuel leak!

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Big Bad Baz
fill in the right answer: 10

Fuel leak!

Post by Big Bad Baz »

HELP!

Driving back from Madstock last night, through London, I could really, really smell petrol when I had the window open. Had to stop at Newport Pagnell to stick a tenner in the tank, as the gauge was dropping a bit quicker than usual. Checked under the bonnet and under the tank, but no obvious signs of a leak.

On further inspection this morning, it looks like one of the fuel hoses is leaking. It's the one that starts at the pump thing by the battery that has a "hook shaped" neck on it and ends up at the bottom of the engine, just southwest of the distributor. (I'll try and get pics to better explain.)

I don't suppose anyone has got a spare one lying around?

F668VBD - Gone, but not forgotten.
Big Bad Baz

Re: Fuel leak!

Post by Big Bad Baz »

Pics as promised:

It's the hose arrowed that starts here:

and ends here:

Hope that makes it clearer.

MrP

Post by MrP »

I have a full set (all x7 hoses) in good condition. £25 delivered. That's if you can't find an individual hose, as unfortunatly I won't split the set becuase they'll be useless.

Rich.

Big Bad Baz

Post by Big Bad Baz »

MrP wrote:I have a full set (all x7 hoses) in good condition. £25 delivered. That's if you can't find an individual hose, as unfortunatly I won't split the set becuase they'll be useless.

Rich.
Thanks. If no-one comes up with the single one, I may well take you up on that offer. I guess if one's on the way out, then the others might not be far behind.

sidewalkdave

Post by sidewalkdave »

off subject i saw madness at romsey on saturday they were awesome :good:

Birdy

Post by Birdy »

I think ive got one of these in the garage spare, i'll have a look tomorrow to make sure!

Thats if you've not sourced one yet?

VW Scirocco 16V GTX, Kamei X1 and a half
Big Bad Baz

Post by Big Bad Baz »

Thanks Birdy, but I got the full set off Mr P. And it's a good job I did, as it turned out there were two leaky hoses - the one I pointed out and the one that runs along the top of the engine to the "fifth injector". The braiding had been rubbing on something and worn through to the rubber hose inside; there were three or four little jets of petrol squirting out.

You know, just above the red hot manifold :shock:

Thanks again Rich :good: