Filler pipe fix!!

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
munnyella
fill in the right answer: 15

Filler pipe fix!!

Post by munnyella »

Hi Guys

My J plate GT11 has had a leaky filler pipe, tiny hole just above the bend, being a skinflint, I didn't want to go for a new one at this stage, so searched the web a bit and ended up here http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/

500mm flexi fuel pipe, stainless jubilee clips and a stainless p clip, just over £20 posted.

did it this morning, less than half an hour and all is well.

Struggling to upload pics, will try later.

The Car builders supplies site is a very useful resource and is worth keeping in your favourites!! (very helpful too)

Also found out that the tank sender seal is just a nitrile o ring too, £1.50 for 5 on ebay, instead of £15+ on heritage!!

Cheers

Mark M

Mr Funk

Re: Filler pipe fix!!

Post by Mr Funk »

I love sites like that.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
slosstopher

Post by slosstopher »

Have you replaced the whole filler neck or just the affected area? Sorry if thats a daft question but I am new to sciroccos and the one I am looking at suffered fuel pump failure when I viewed it and wondered if it was down to a rotten filler neck and if this was a cheap quick fix to erradicate further rust in the fuel.

Andy K

Post by Andy K »

That's a cracking solution! :vcool:

I've no idea as to the state of mine, but its probably a good investment anyway. Any one know what internal diameter I should be getting?

Andy

--
'87 Tornado Red Scirocco GT currently in need of a bit of TLC