Cylinder head spec ?

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
skattrd
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Cylinder head spec ?

Post by skattrd »

filmidget wrote: I am still trying to convince him to put a 4+e 'box in for the ultimate cruiser, plus the torque of the 2.0l should fill some of the big gaps between ratios.
Sorry to go a bit OT, but I'm slowly getting used to the 4+e in mine with the 1.9. I hated it at first, but its growing on me, 30 in 1st, 50+ in 2nd etc .... Fuel economy is worse on the windy stuff I've got round here because (as you predicted) you've gotta keep the revs high....Its very easy to drive sedately as well, but that doesn't happen very often :hugegrin:

MrD
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Cylinder head spec ?

Post by MrD »

This looks the business !
http://www.techtonicstuning.com/showpar ... m=109.912T

Had a nightmare this arvo trying to strip down the spare head ! Think i bought the wrong valve spring compressor,i got the one for valves the are flush with the top of the head.But i needed the one for valves that are an inch deep :dash: .
I got round it by using a spark plug socket on the valve cap,no ideal,and there is no way i can put it back together now,without the propper tool,anyone know which one i need ?
After a good clean up what i thought were cracks were just marks on the head :thankyou: .
All looks to be in pretty good order really,valves were tight in the guides,don`t show any sign of wear etc.
Popped them in my dril and gave them a clean with some emery paper

Image..
Need to get some carbide burrs,and a Makita varible speed die grinder next,going to chop out the guide boss,so it`s flush.once i have had the guides removed,new guides will be bullet nosed for extra flow !
I also measured the head limit it can go to is 132.60mm my head measures 135mm,so i will be fine getting 40 thou off,going to get them to broach it to make sure it`s flat,prior to the skim,but skim will be te last thing i get done,along with getting the gasket faces skimmed too,will get new s/steel studs for it too..

One other thing i noticed while stripping down,there were no oil seals fitted to the valve stems ? do they fit ontop of the guides ?

Another edit !
Just measured my valves with my calipers ! it does not add up !
According to haynes book of lies my inlet should be 40mm but it`s 41 ! the exhaust should be 33mm but it`s 35 ! The valves all have T-T stamped on them ? could this head have been played with already ? Looking at the inlets and around the bowl under the seat,looks like its been modified,not half as wrough looking as the example i saw of a dx head prior to work being carried out !

Just found out that The Slick 50,fabeled heads had 41 in 35 ex ? could it be one of them ? And just found out T.S.R pack D heads have the same valve sizes,if it`s been ported it`s been done very subtly

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.