16v dizzy cap

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
RoccoGuy
fill in the right answer: 10

16v dizzy cap

Post by RoccoGuy »

just fitted a kr to my rocco but the original dizzy cap fouls the the brake master cylinder, it will fit but i can't put the ignition lead from the coil to the dizzy cap. i think i remember some one saying that the dizzy cap from a mk3 golf solves this but can any body confirm this? if this is true which model mk3 is it from, i'm guessing the 2.0 16v GTI?

millsy20

Re: 16v dizzy cap

Post by millsy20 »

Its from the Mk3 16v.

1991 Red Scirocco GT2-Soon to be GT2 16v
2010 MK3 Scirocco GT TDi 140 for daily duties
RoccoGuy

Post by RoccoGuy »

i've just been quoted £45 for a mk3 16v dizzy cap at halfords, i knew they were robbing bastards but that takes the piss!

The Autoad

Post by The Autoad »

get one from GSF for cheaper. You need the 16v ABF cap. Turns at right angle.

Your friendly neighbourhood Scirocco restorer for hire
RoccoGuy

Post by RoccoGuy »

yeah i'm going GSF tomorrow morning mate just thought i' try halfords first as its just down the road, i'm pritty sure they made a mistake tho there only 10 pounds some thing on the GSF website.