1.8 8v EX rough start

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Brenjacques
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1.8 8v EX rough start

Post by Brenjacques »

Yep, can't say I've noticed it when driving but when I park up and turn off I can hear it for about 10-15 seconds and the car hasn't really rocked around enough to cause the amount of noise if makes. Its the original cap so I'll have a look and see if if it's any good.

Brenjacques
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1.8 8v EX rough start

Post by Brenjacques »

Tried out the cap valve, it does work but not very well it seems to take a lot of pressure for it to open, the tank would have to be under a fair bit of vacuum for it to release and once open it doesn't close immediately either. I'd say there would be enough vacuum in the tank to pull fuel back down the hose before the cap starts to vent.