Washer Jets II

NEW section - if you're having a mare with Vagcat and need a quick answer stick your requests in here. Keep things simple and only reply if you know the correct answer.
Don't know German? look here
Forum rules
Be clear - e.g - Mk1 Bumper clips, Mk2 filler neck - 55l tank, Mk2 wiper motor (single wiper) - you get the drift?
hiltow

Washer Jets II

Post by hiltow »

My '85 Mk2 has a single jet from each of the two plastic windscreen washer jets.

However, when I look up the part number online, the only versions available have two holes for the water per unit.

Does anyone know the part number for the original single jet units and when (if ever) the two-jet units were fitted to the Mk2s from?

(don't want to remove the part to check the number as it's likely to be brittle with age)

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Washer Jets II

Post by mark1gls »

Sorry can't help with where to buy one but they list 2 part numbers which you may be able to search for?

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/scir ... -231000/#5

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
hiltow

Re: Washer Jets II

Post by hiltow »

Thanks mark1GLS.

I'm assuming that the 'A' version of the part must be the two-jet version, with '191 955 985' being the single-jet version I'm after.

Problem is, judging by what's available from the main sources, they all seem to be the two-jet type or none at all, but will keep looking.

Like to keep little details like that as spares to help keep the car looking fresh.