tfr /traffic film remover

wash, wax, polish, products, methods, fine fettling
gt11rocco
fill in the right answer: 15

tfr /traffic film remover

Post by gt11rocco »

I was at ud at the weekend just past and got talking to an older man with the white scirocco and asked how he got it so white and he said he used tfr on it and clay bar has anyone else used it and what results have you got mine is alpine white or its ment to be I was going g to use the dodo juice stuff

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: tfr /traffic film remover

Post by james butler »

tfr is ok if you have mint paint work.
its an aggressive cleaner and long term will cause damage if you use it regularly and even more so if your paint is chipped or damaged.
its great as a quick way to clean your car but i wouldn't use it on my rocco.
ive always stuck to autoglym products and making sure the car is waxed properly after a good wash.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
gt11rocco
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: tfr /traffic film remover

Post by gt11rocco »

I thought the same as it's a form of acid is it not ? But as my rocco is ment to be white but is a cream/greeny from years of wax/turtle wax I thought I'd try it and wow wht a difference I used halfords tfr and used exactly how it said on the back and it's like I new paint job.
Before I used it I was going to have the car fully painted as it was that much of a colour diffrence bur did the tfr followed by clay bar polish and wax and it's like showroom shine would defo recommend it. Their is loads of tfr on the market just choose the right 1 not too strong the dodo juice 1 said thy also use it to clear blocked drains !!!! Don't fancy that stuff lol