*Last chance* 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 G60 (stripping for parts if not sold)

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
Zoofy
fill in the right answer: 10

*Last chance* 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 G60 (stripping for parts if not sold)

Post by Zoofy »

Model: Mk2 Scala Injection
Year: 1991
Mileage: 187k
MOT: N/A
Current owner: Yes
V5 present: Yes
Price: £3500
Contact Details: PM
Additional Information: Get a cup of tea and sit down for a read.

Time to let someone else enjoy her! For sale is my beloved scirocco G60! Now before I start, the engine is out of the car along with the gearbox. The initial reason was to remove the polyurethane inserts on the engine mounts as it sent vibrations through the car.

The car was running perfectly 6 months ago and I decided to take it off the road as I had just started renting a garage with hydraulic lifts. I thought perfect, I can pull the engine out and change the exhaust plus a few more niggly bits and bobs.. (all those jobs you would suffer doing on your drive way) and being an eager beaver I removed the engine and more thoughts developed.. I thought I would have the engine rebuilt as it was out replacing all seals and gaskets maybe even a respray. My dad had just had his engine rebuilt for his Land rover series 3 by an engineering firm up the road who build race engines… You can see where I was going with this. It all accelerated pretty quickly.

Anyway, long story short I work away from home now and everything has just sat in the workshop and I cannot see me having the time in the future. It’s such a waste of a beautiful car to have it sat with its heart on the floor next to it.

In an ideal world I would have more time and I’d methodically go through putting it back together which isn’t much work at all. The conversion was done my Midland VW who were superb. The car ran like a dream. It was running 197hp with a mk1 golf gti manifold which restricted it a great deal. With a proper G60 manifold with custom downpipes you’d easily be pumping above the 210hp mark. That’s with a standard supercharger too!

The car has so much potential. It has a custom chip professionally installed by only charged dubs, that is custom to the cars supercharger stage, Schrick camshaft, injectors etc.

Throughout the conversion the car wanted for nothing and it was all done by the book. Not cutting and chopping all the sensors off to get it to run. It runs as if it was in the original Corrado.

A bit more about the engine; I bought it off a bloke on here 2 years ago. I was a dreamer and knew these engines were like rocking horse droppings. I picked the engine up thinking all the parts were in tact… they weren’t. far from it really the supercharger was wrecked and it had endless missing parts. That’s by the by now. I can assure you all parts are here now.

As for the car itself, it is immaculate inside considering it’s age. Anyone is welcome to come and view it. It’s all standard bar a few touches. Some badges have been replaced for black, the shockers are Koni adjustable dampners and it sits on G60 steel wheels with Toyo Proxes that have done around 100 miles.

The performance of the car is unreal. It absolutely flies. 0-60 is around 6 seconds and less if you want to give it the beans. It’ll do 60 in second and it will pull and pull till it’s off the clock I have heard… If you compare to most new cars that have similar horsepower it blows them out of the water. Due to the power to weight distribution. As you rocco owners know they aren’t that heavy. A little over a tonne I think.
It is one of the best handling cars I’ve had too. It will get a bit tasty in the rain mind you, but it’s definitely not an issue if you’re just tootling around.

The sound is pretty mega with the recirculation on the charger. It’ll give an almighty dump of air once you let off. Puts a smile on your face no end.

I’ve written this as it comes into my mind, it probably won’t make much sense. There’s a lot of passion in this car and whole load of memories. Truly amazing piece of engineering.

However I am at a cross roads. I know the engines are so hard to find and this one is in great condition. As for the car it has an extensive history and has been looked after it’s whole life. It even comes with a tailored cover for nasty weather!

What you would need to do buy is a new exhaust for certain and have a custom downpipe made. You would need to also buy bits and bobs like gaskets and seals to put the engine back together. It’s not a big expense by any means. Nothing is damaged.

The car will either sell on here for the price I am asking which I don’t really want to sell. It stands me upwards of £8k. Or I am going to have to sell parts individually which isn’t what I want to do. I don’t want to see another rocco be torn apart for parts. It’s too beautiful.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or remarks I’m open to anything.

CLICK LINK FOR ALL PHOTOS

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/zakroc ... iew=recent
Last edited by Zoofy on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zoofy

Re: 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 - £3500 - North Yorkshire

Post by Zoofy »

Last edited by Zoofy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoofy

Post by Zoofy »

Last edited by Zoofy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

G Beats

Re: 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 - £4000 - North Yorkshire

Post by G Beats »

Lovely car same model as Sally and colour.Yeah hope she sells way to good to be strip.Hope you are blessed.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Zoofy

Post by Zoofy »

G Beats wrote:Lovely car same model as Sally and colour.Yeah hope she sells way to good to be strip.Hope you are blessed.

Thank you G Beats

Zoofy

Re: *Revised price* 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 - £3500 - North Yorkshire

Post by Zoofy »

Last chance guys to get as a oner. As of tomorrow it is getting stripped for parts

steve bain

Re: *Last chance* 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 G60 (stripping for parts if not sold)

Post by steve bain »

i'd be interested in the engine if you do break it....

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
Zoofy

Re: *Last chance* 1991 - Scirocco Scala Mk2 G60 (stripping for parts if not sold)

Post by Zoofy »

steve bain wrote:i'd be interested in the engine if you do break it....

No problem. It'll be going on the parts for sale page if nobody is interested.

I'll let you have first offer on the engine for sure.

Zoofy

Post by Zoofy »

steve bain wrote:i'd be interested in the engine if you do break it....

I’m breaking it mate. Engine is out and stripped. What are you looking for? Job lot or bits of?

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

hi mate. can you pm me a price with the all the bits i need to fit it in mine. mines 2.0 8v. cheers.

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
x7mln
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by x7mln »

hi mate, is the offside rear quarter glass available since ur parting the car?
if so what you want for it and does it have the green tint?

thanks iain

mk2daz

Post by mk2daz »

Hi is the front indicators available?

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoofy

Post by Zoofy »

x7mln wrote:hi mate, is the offside rear quarter glass available since ur parting the car?
if so what you want for it and does it have the green tint?

thanks iain

Yeah the glass is going if you are after it. Not sure on the tint. I’ll double check tomorrow.

PM me your phone number and I will fire some photos over

Z

Zoofy

Post by Zoofy »

mk2daz wrote:Hi is the front indicators available?

Daz

They sure are Daz

PM me your phone number and it will be easier for comms. I hadn’t seen your message until today.

mk2daz

Post by mk2daz »

Zoofy wrote:
mk2daz wrote:Hi is the front indicators available?

Daz

They sure are Daz

PM me your phone number and it will be easier for comms. I hadn’t seen your message until today.
Hi Iv managed to sort a set since the last message, so no worries! Cheers though