MkII Scala 1.8i 1990 SOLD

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
kevtherev
fill in the right answer: 10

MkII Scala 1.8i 1990 SOLD

Post by kevtherev »

Model: Scala
Year: 1990
Mileage: 147000
MOT: feb 2017
Current owner: yes
V5 present: yes
Price: £600 firm
Contact Details: Home 01902 787461
text 07425130675

Additional Information:
OK
So it's time to sell our beloved rocco, my wife wants a "modern car with proper steering"
No power steering on this car.
With three previous owners that had clearly looked after this car, and due to it's astonishing condition, we carried on the good work and maintained it as and when it needed it.
It is as original as you could get really, interior, paint, ride height etc. dinks and key scratches.
Over the 7 years we have had it, at MOT time it was a constant passer. and a daily driver.
Major work was carried out fitting a new petrol tank, Front & rear springs, rear shocks and a gearbox when fifth gear kept disengaging.
New clutch, New battery and starter motor fitted this year.
Now due to our age and finances we have to part company.

It has bad points, a dirty engine that has lost it's vitality, but is still quick, steering pulls to the left slightly, and once in gear the stick is wobbly, so I suspect worn linkages. Sounds a bit clattery over big bumps, (front nearside shock absorber) some idiot keyed the paint in a few places, and some rust bubbles (pictured)
The bullet hole sticker is a covering a proud little dent that is a reminder of the Dewoo 4X4 that mounted the rocco's rear, bending its suspension, then spilled its juices all over the road rendering it undrivable, our rocco drove home with just that little dent.. how we laughed! :-D

The car feels tired now, it needs a new owner with a VW passion, structurally in a sound condition with none of the usual rocco rusty traits, I think it has the basis of a good restoration.
I love the MkII it's a fabulous VW, a proper coupe, not your wanna be golf. lol.
Happy for you to look
Kev

Car is also up for auction on ebay.

Pictures:

Last edited by kevtherev on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Scala 1.8i 1990
driven with pride
scrappy1382
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: MkII Scala 1.8i 1990

Post by scrappy1382 »

very nice car, good luck with sale. at that price, you should find it goes rather quickly.

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
kevtherev
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: MkII Scala 1.8i 1990

Post by kevtherev »

Thanks
Yes I have been advised it is a little too cheap.
Revised price, less than ebay though, for registered members

Scala 1.8i 1990
driven with pride