Lhd 78 on eBay in uk.

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
volkswalker
fill in the right answer: 15

Lhd 78 on eBay in uk.

Post by volkswalker »

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Lhd 78 on eBay in uk.

Post by mark1gls »

If you look at the picture of the engine bay the radiator seems to be on the wrong way around? On mine the filler cap is on the other side and the switch for the fan is in the engine bay by the battery, the top radiator hose seems to be joined in the middle with another hose, mines rhd so I could be wrong.
Also a strange place to put the cold air feed for the air filter just above the exhaust manifold!

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
16v_coupe

Post by 16v_coupe »

mark1gls wrote:If you look at the picture of the engine bay the radiator seems to be on the wrong way around? On mine the filler cap is on the other side and the switch for the fan is in the engine bay by the battery, the top radiator hose seems to be joined in the middle with another hose, mines rhd so I could be wrong.
Yes it does have the radiator positioned on the wrong way for a lhd mk1 Scirocco, I have to two lhd mk1 Sciroccos with the radiator in the original position as it was put in by Karmann/VW. The condition of the rest of this Scirocco (except for the engine bay layout) is very good. Hope a member of register buys this GT :vcool:

88 Scirocco 16v, 1.8 litre PL, L90E
87 Scirocco 16v, 2.0 litre 16v 9A, LY3D
82 Scirocco S2, 2.0 litre 16v 9A, LK5Y
81 Scirocco S1, 1.6 litre 16v EW/PL, LA3V
80 Scirocco Storm, 1.6 EG, L98F, GTG 951W (sold, in PA)

:pilot:
GT Matt
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by GT Matt »

The radiator may be something to do with the fact it started it's life as a 1.1 model and modified later.

Shame really as the 1.1 would have made it a much rarer.

GT Matt
1988 Mk2 GTX
mikeki

Post by mikeki »

Hi Chaps

This is my French GT which did have an 1100 golf engine in it when I picked it up in Toulouse back in 2008. I drove it back from France and realised that the old unit had seen better days and was beyond repairing, 900 miles with paper tissue stuffed in my ears when ever I had to get it over 50mph! I decided to replace the engine with a MK11 engine and 5 speed box and had the engine mounts altered to take the new engine. I bought it because the body shell was in such good shape, having spent all its life in the south of France and also because it was almost like my old 1978 GLS which was the same colour. The underside is wax oiled as is most of the internal body panels and there is no major rust to deal other than minor surface marks. Beyond that it is pretty much original. It did suffer from sun damage with a badly cracked dashboard and fried door trims, which I have partly replaced. If a LHD dash had been available, I would have changed that too. Seats are re-upholstered. What it needs is a glass out respray because the laquer coat put on by the French owner to try and protect it from the sun has peeled and then it should be really be good. I have not had the time or energy to finish it off and have too many other projects on the go, so sadly it is time to let someone else have a go at finishing it.

I hope it finds a good home too, preferably with someone from on the register.

Regards

Mikeki

Mk1 Storm 1981...sold
Mk1 GT(GLS) French Version 1978...still under development
Mk1 GLS 1980...sold
MK1 Golf GLi Cabriolet
MkII GT 1991....nice and quiet

Mad as a badger...and getting worse!! Much worse! This is not looking good is it ! Is there a cure?