1985 Scirocco mkII GTS SOLD

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
parch
fill in the right answer: 10

1985 Scirocco mkII GTS SOLD

Post by parch »

Model: Scirocco GTS
Year: 1985 (C-Reg)
Mileage: 184,190
MOT: No
Current owner: Yes
V5 present: Yes
Location: N.Yorks - between Northallerton and Darlington, the village of East Cowton !!Please Note I live in Bradford so contact me to arrange viewing!!
Price: £SOLD
Contact Details: email aplayle76@gmail.com PM for phone number

Additional Information:

1985 C-Reg Scirocco mk2 GTS (less than 20 left in UK!!!)
4 Previous Owners

PRICE DROP FOR FORUM - I HAVE PUT HER ON EBAY
SOMEBODY SAVE HER PLEASE

Need this car gone fairly soon so please contact me if you are interested and would like to view

This car needs some work but I don't have time or space :-(
Carburettor needs a service having been sat for a couple of years.
Bodywork needs some attention too.

However please read on as this car does have plenty of good points and is a rare model with nice features.

It is standard except:
the alloys (I believe standard were P-slots) which never came with the car,
the grill (original will come with the car)
custom steel exhaust made by Tony Banks in Leeds http://www.tonybanks.co.uk/ (over 5years old)
beesting aerial (fitted by previous owner)

The GTS model had a Zender spoiler and only one pair of lights (fog lights under the bumper)
Also has the original pierburg carb - I have owned other mk2 Sciroccos and mk2 Golfs with Webber conversions and when set up properly the Pierburg is infinitely superior (as it has been sat for a while it will need servicing. I have a service kit which will come with the car)

Between 2008-2011
Fuel tank was replaced.
Fuel filler neck replaced.
Brake lines replaced.
Alternator upgraded.
The old dash board replaced with one that had no cracks.
All the old wool under the carpets replaced with very expensive sound proof pads -didn't make a massive difference but was nice to know all of the old wool was no longer under the carpet.
The windscreen replaced with a brand new one in 2010.
The sunroof works and doesn't leak.
The paint work was stripped and any dents etc were filled. It was then resprayed. Bodywork was solid and had no serious rust (no welding required)
There is a small patch where some cracks in the lacquer have appeared on the roof. It isn't that bad and can probably be fixed up over an afternoon but i mention as I don't have a photo right now.
Also some of the trim has started coming unstuck as can be seen in the photos.

It was used as a daily between 2008 and 2011 but then was only used on weekends and a few long trips.
I moved house in 2011 to what I thought was a much nicer suburb. However over the space of 2 years the car got broken into over 5 times!
The door was crowbarred, windows smashed, steering wheel hacksawed through to remove locks, ignition wires ripped out.
I had my first child mid 2012 and after a number of break ins I gave up fixing her- there were no garages to rent near me so 2013 I ended up moving the car to the inlaws.
There is a fair bit of work to do as the last time it got broken into the ignition was screwdrived and the steering lock forced. All windows were fixed but the driver door is stilldamaged. The steering wheel has been replaced with an after market one.

The car is rolling and engine turns and can be driven but needs to be taken on a trailer as no MOT or tax.

I have a pair of primed doors which I will offer to the buyer.
The spoiler is not on the car as when I removed it to put the cover on the screws were not in good condition.
The beesting aerial was also removed to put cover on but will come with car as will the spoiler.
The front grill is after market but I have the standard set too which also come with the car.
There are some other parts that are offered to buyer first and will be listed on the forum at a later date.

Any questions/offers please get in touch.

Last edited by parch on Fri May 29, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

parch

Re: 1985 Scirocco mkII GTS £400 N.Yorks Northallerton Darlington

Post by parch »

I will put some more photos up later
In the meantime please get in touch if you want any further info

parch

Re: 1985 Scirocco mkII GTS SOLD

Post by parch »

FINAL PRICE DROP ---
I HAVE PUT HER ON EBAY
Somebody save her please!

Last edited by parch on Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marcus

Re: 1985 Scirocco mkII GTS £250 N.Yorks Northallerton Darlington

Post by marcus »

Fingers crossed, if I were nearer and had the money I'd take her but I'm in London and skint.

1985 GTL 1.8

Member number 928 (wish I had one)
parch

Re: 1985 Scirocco mkII GTS £250 N.Yorks Northallerton Darlington

Post by parch »

Thanks Marcus for your kind words.

Was worried the car would be pulled apart by eBay but a father son vw restoration team have decided to save her :)

marcus

Re: 1985 Scirocco mkII GTS SOLD

Post by marcus »

Excellent news!

1985 GTL 1.8

Member number 928 (wish I had one)