Monthly "German vs Japanese" car meet - Sandown Park Racecourse - Sunday 5th Jan

Forthcoming shows, Events and Meets
mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Monthly "German vs Japanese" car meet - Sandown Park Racecourse - Sunday 5th Jan

Post by mr.brown »

A Surrey based monthly meet has just moved to a much larger location (room for 3000 cars) at Sandown Park Racecourse.

Their info is Facebook based so apologies for those who don't use FB.

£4 to get in and catering facilities on site.

https://www.facebook.com/events/788040211607709/

Lukeh17

Re: Monthly "German vs Japanese" car meet - Sandown Park Racecourse - Sunday 5th Jan

Post by Lukeh17 »

I might be able to make this. The Facebook page doesn't show many classics though - or not as many as I'd like.

mr.brown

Re: Monthly "German vs Japanese" car meet - Sandown Park Racecourse - Sunday 5th Jan

Post by mr.brown »

Yeah, I've no idea of the make up of the attendees - if it turns out to be 90% Jap or all modern BMW/Audi/Merc I may not stay long.

essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by essextom »

Anyone go to this? if so any good?

mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

It was a bit mad tbh - I don't think they expected over a thousand cars. It was gridlock in all directions for a while. It took me 25 mins and i only live a mile away. Lots of dickheads trying to drift out of the car park at the end to please the dickheads lined up on the street - I don't see it lasting long.

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Sound like Jap fest I drive past on the way home from Stanford hall VW show last summer, lots of idiots wheel spinning and racing along the dual carriageway, dump valve noise galore, there was loads of police sat in lay-bys waiting for them.
I did see one car crashed in the hedge just after a round about with his front wheel pointing in a different direction to the other, they was all ok but I could not stop laughing.. :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323