Club stand cancelled at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Forthcoming shows, Events and Meets
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Club stand cancelled at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by GTXTRA »

I've enquired re. a club stand at this event - a new venue for 2017 so I'm interested in supporting.

The show - GTI International is now in its 30th year and growing every year. Fully supported by Volkswagen Driver and Audi Driver magazines, it's a fabulous weekend show centred around straight line 1/8th mile Sprint/Shootout and use of the National race track. Concept cars, a massive Show 'n’ Shine and Concours area with over 200 cars on display and plenty of trade stands inside and out and out make it memorable. With well over 40 clubs booked it’s a festival feeling with plenty of overnight camping and on site fixed facilities.

I've requested a club code to allow people to receive a club stand pass when they buy a ticket.

http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/the-s ... -displays/

Ticket prices - http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/tickets/

After a few poor years at Shakespeare Raceway I think that this could be a good year to make a return to the original GTI event in the UK.

Who's in?

Serial Rocco-ist.........
GTXTRA

Re: GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by GTXTRA »

OK - if people would like to be on the club stand simply use password below when prompted during booking process.

type53

Booking link - https://autometrix.flameconcepts.system ... FBvmQQtm8q

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Important deadline looming

From the organisers.

Great to see your club registered and look forward to seeing you at Rockingham on 3/4th June. We are all busy planning at this end and the logistics of a new venue.

Why the email? Just thought I would mention that we have to get passes out to your members to avoid general parking and therefore the club registrations close on Thursday 18th May at midnight. So if you could alert members that would be great. We need to start marking the outer paddock area and therefore numbers coming is quite key for us.

Apart from using to the National Track and the Sprint (with timing and trophies) there is a whole bunch of other stuff going on. We have a band and stage in the camping area and also DJ Andy B will be there (and just sorting the Licence for a bar in that area). We have professional stunt driving on both days and fifty plus traders filling the whole inner paddock. We have drag car demonstrations from VWDRC and some traders offering passenger rides on track or you can take your own passenger of course. We also have the Show and Shine area (with facilities) and some great cars turning up. Should be fun for members.

As usual all booking can be done on www.gtiinternational.co.uk.

Bill

Post by Bill »

Booked for the Sunday.

steve bain

Re: DEADLINE 18/5 for club stand passes at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by steve bain »

so tempted but sure i can face driving 4 hours in the rocco ever again after ultimate dubs! luxury it is not...

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
GTXTRA

Re: DEADLINE 18/5 for club stand passes at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by GTXTRA »

Disappointing to report that we've only got three members booked into the stand.

Organisers have sent this out today -

''members have until Midnight 31st May to book tickets and club stand.

If they have orders but forgot the club, they need to contact me with their order before 6pm tomorrow for the changes to be made

Sally
Tel: 01525 750 500

This is the link for members to book https://autometrix.flameconcepts.systems/group

They must add their vehicle onto the order''.

scirockirb
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: ABSOULTE DEADLINE 31/5 for club stand passes at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by scirockirb »

I was hoping to be ready for this Sean but I'm not going to make the deadline. Might come along as a tourist though

PeteGLi

Re: ABSOULTE DEADLINE 31/5 for club stand passes at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by PeteGLi »

I'm in the Show & Shine park for both days. Not expecting anything. Just didn't fancy the walk.

GTXTRA

Re: Club stand cancelled at GTI International - 3-4th June, Rockingham Speedway

Post by GTXTRA »

Club stand cancelled.

See you in show and shine Pete,
Kevin unable to attend now, Bill and Carol there Sunday only.

scirockirb
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by scirockirb »

Good job this was cancelled... the club stand area was a library today. The whole show was really. I've seen more cars at local shows. Only 1 Scirocco in the show and shine. Hope it improves tomorrow as I'm told it's supposed to.

Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Megaclash with local big car event, the Coventry Moto Fest. No way I was going to miss that. Too much rain today.

Tempest

My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager