The Rieger has come home!

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
eefy
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Rieger GTO Scirocco - 2012 Kickstart

Post by eefy »

Awesom fella :)

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Cheers Bud... Meet you at Lymm Sevices about 7.45 sat morning yeah.

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
eefy

Post by eefy »

Chaps wrote:Cheers Bud... Meet you at Lymm Sevices about 7.45 sat morning yeah.
yeah we'll be there, if not at the car have a look in the McD's :)

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Interior back together.... looks proper Bo i tell thee.

Wheels, Bonnet and bits back on then its time for a super wash and wax....

I Canne wait pet!! :yahoo:

wassell

Re: Project F4T A55 - Rieger GTO Scirocco

Post by wassell »

pics or it never happened, you know the rules ;)

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Few nice pics from this weekends National meet.. Thanks for the photos guys - i've been waiting for some good ones for ages!

After buying some bits n bobs at the meet - like a nice shiney Allard washer fluid tank and bits i needed to finish the dash, thought i should buy some more bits to... So treated myself to an alloy oil catch can, some Ramair throttle body filters, a Honda Civic top fill alloy radiator, new gearstick gaitor, roll of carbon wrap, carbon fibre sheet and some other bits. Always makes you feel like progress is being made when you buys stuff..

Plans now are to scrap the standard inlet manifold and metering head idea and just go straight to these throttle bodies and a megasquirt ecu i have... mainly because this allard tank fits right where the metering head should be, and also because i got a P&P Head with Schrick Cams

Need to make a manifold next - i've got an old ABF manifold i am going to cut down to use and will weld on some runners. I started making one a few years ago before for a vauxhall engine i was building so have a good idea how i want to do it... hardest part is getting the runners from a round to an oval shape.

This is what the one I started making looked like

Talking to ppl, 180bhp should be achievable with this set up.. Which will be nice!!

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

New radiator and filter socks..

Its 48cm x 35cm wide so should just about fit on the battery side of the engine bay and come up to the front engine mount. I think i am going to have to cut a small section of the battery tray to get it to fit but it shouldnt be too much of a problem. I wanted to get a narrow rad so i can direct clean cool air from the grill directly into the throttle bodies, plus with a top fill one you can delete the horrible header tank.

Going to have a play with the car tonight so will get some pics once its mounted.

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

got abit of spare time so removed the old intake and trial fitted the new tank and radiator. I had to cut a 3" peice off the battery tray up to the chassis leg but apart from that it fit quite well space wise. The bottom hose comes out in the wrong direction but can soon get that moved, its pointing at the starter currently so will drop it out the bottom and go under the front engine mount. I like it, looks alot cleaner.

I also started on the throttle bodies. they are off a CBR1000 929. there a 40mm twin body design and should work well. The manifold is the lower half of an old ABF inlet manifold and with an angle gringer i just cut it back almost flush with the injector holes. only took a few mins with a thin cutting disc. Im going to machine it down another 20mm or so so it removes the natural bend of the manifold and gives a good surface to weld some runners onto.... with the runner going from round to oval is going to take abit of work though, not quite sure how to do it. thinking a big hydraulic press might squash it reasonably well.

How it will look when all assembled. I have a carbon fibre box intake i am going to use to ram air in from the grill.

what do you think, i like it..

Mrgarf

Post by Mrgarf »

Im a little in love with this , looks great , one heck of a project to do but it will be worth it

1984 vw scirocco gl finished in pink
2004 Vw bora highline
2020 Jaguar e-pace checkered flag
Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Simply awesome.

You have until may.....

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

So when this thing is going, I reckon a blast to Manchester to show me would be a suitable road test!

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Mr Funk wrote:You have until may.....
Road Star baby... A few trips here n there is defo required.. Manchester may be the first of many..

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

brilliant to see this old beast last weekend - looking forward to progress from here on.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
MacColl

Post by MacColl »

I'll be honest, the whole full body kit thing on Roccos and other VW's has never been my thing but seeing the pics at the National it looks pretty dam amazing :good:

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Cheers guys. was nice to be out and meet everyone. Loads of positive comments from people, some nice chats about the colour too - still to be decided if we going to change... will see

Got myself a oil breather tank as removing the airbox. just need to open up one of the holes so i can get a bigger breather pipe feeding it. the one that comes out of the engine is about 20mm dia so will find something similar.

Also, the new evo tried to kill me, was out playing up in the hills saturday afternoon and the rear upper wishbone on the drivers side sheared mid corner resulting in a lot of wrestling with the steering wheel to try and keep it on the road. brown pants moment and a half, but thankfully no other damage apart from needing to change that.. I keep thinking the me and mitsubishi arnt meant to be! so looking to swap again! lol